Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelppppp !!!!!!

Vc_Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
my boot .... it wont open. i changed my locks a while ago to those solex type. & now, randomly i cant open my boot. i put my key in the hole & it doesnt turn at all. ive ripped out the back seats only to discover that the foundation of the back is welded. anybody?

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
Solex locks are they like the vending machine ones with a key with like six or so pins on the end if so ive got plans on making a lock picker to pick them with might have worn a bit and the key wont work but you should be able to still pick it open can maybe post it up but would rather email it save putting to many peoples security at risk even though they are on the net allready.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
if oyu can pull the back seat out, get a socket on a long extension bar and unso the the striker or a long phillips head and undo the 2 latch retaining screws

if that fails

Try removing a speaker from the parcel shelf and doing the same

if that fails

grab the boot lid either side of the boot lock and pull really hard and force it open, it will break the diecast lcatch but you can replace it, put a VK/VL one in with a electric solenoid. You can fit a trigger cable to it on the inside of the car somewhere hidden if you dont want the electric button for emergency use.

If that fails you didnt pull hard enough, try getting someone who doesnt care about your car to pull on it :) it has to be really hard.

Else
Try drilling out the lock, make a decisionweather to hack a taillight to pieces or the boot lid, but i have always been able to get into a boot using the above methods. make sure you get a replacement tail light before you hack at one :) Else jam a flat blade screw driver int he lock and slot and give it a really good twist, it will bend the toungues off the boot lid and should open the boot.

cheers
Scott

kennybear

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Series V
Have you tried putting some graphite into the lock.
kennybear.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I got a VB lock with a VL boot latch, they say all the keys work on all commodores which is BS, my VB's keys wont even open my VC locks same with VC keys on the VB lock.

Take ur speakers out dude on your parcel shelf and see if u can reach the bolts on the boot arms,atleat then u can open one end of the boot up abit to see if theres any issues. if not try removeing the lock with a flathead.

Try a long ass tool ur can stick through the backseat wall and undo the latch screws..

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
just get a screwdriver in behind the lock and pop it out then stick a screwdriver in there and open it. Solex locks are great apart from the ****ty clips that holds them in if you use them for fck sake make better clips to hold em in

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
my vl boot didnt open the other day, i pulled it towards me and lifted at the same time, still grabbed but it came open. maybe try that?

SoulGrind

§ôµÏG®ïñD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII Calais - VF SSV Redline
I've got solex locks too, never had a problem with them. But i did buy pretty expensive ones that aren't meant to use ****ty metals.

As for your boot problem, i'd just say what most of the people here are saying. Either try to rip out the lock or pry open the boot.

When you manage to do it put a solenoid release in it. I've got 3 ways to open my boot, alarm, solenoid and key. If one fails I've always got something else. Now saying that i bet my solenoid dies and my key doesn't work anymore. :/

Vc_Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
yeah ... i tried the flathead screwdriver ,one problem... it scratches the paintwork. i have a custom parcel shelf, so my original parcel shelf is welded to the chasis ..i think. i havent got around to the boot yet tho, ive been sooo busy.

get a socket on a long extension bar and unso the the striker or a long phillips head and undo the 2 latch retaining screws
^^^^ i think ill do this tho.

but ive been meaning to change my bootlock to the vl solenoid ... but im not 100% sure how to do it. say i see one in the wreckers ,what parts do i need to rip out?