Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! +15bhp installation

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
Hi,
I purchased what they call a '+15bhp' Performance power module, it supposedly makes the computer think the air is cold going into the car, thus increasing power and economy. It is attached to the car via the Inlet Air Temp sensor or the Coolant sensor.
1) Does anybody know where to locate either of these sensors on a 2000 VT Olympic?
2) Anyone's advice on this module would be good.

Thanks

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the air temp sensor is in the aircleaner box but dont waste your time the resistor will give you no advantage & mostly make your car run rich.
Try & get your money back

Rob

OMR001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu s ss
ebay module

i thought i got ripped off $17 for buying 1 of these resisters but believe it or not they work i get extra 36 klms to a tank cruizing and once the car is hot it still feels the same as when you drive it on a cold morning very snappy and responsive take the resister sucker out on a hot day and yep it feels doughy especially flat changing 2- to 3rd as when resister is in it chirps third without it no chirp no matter how hard i try on exactly the same road But NEGATIVE
is as soon as you drive it past quarter throttle it guzzles the fuel and i have noticed that under hard driving conditions it will use up 1/4 of a tank in under 90 klms without chip it is around 100klms with chip cruizing 115-125 so in short they do work they advance timing and when driven hard use more fuel. any tuners that say they do not work i am quite happy to throw $50 at them and run it on there dyno south queenlsand area answer to your q though should be one connector in bottom of airbox just put the little leggs in there in the loom end and done i expect up to 3 degrees would be taken out on a hot day and with my race car(tPI transam advancing from 8 to 11 made a huge difference i can see why this mod works so well over the quarter mile maybe a .1 .2 of a diff will let you Know as soon as at willobank .

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
Well does anyone know what value the value the resistor is so I can make my own little box thingy, I will give it a go but logically this should really only make you use more fuel without any advantage but I will give it a go!

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i was told that this resister was about $1 to $2 even maybe less... but you need to know which one to get...