Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help - Insurance

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
MikesVT said:
Shannons didnt even want to know me, their explanation was 'they only insure people who belong to clubs or owners of not so common cars' (not exact words), it' probably more to do with the fact that im 18, this was about 4 to 5 months ago though, maybe its different now.
My advice... Ring around, I rang every insurance company in the phone book, the result was a few hundred to $4,500 cheaper quote =|(Allianz quoted me $6,800 per year for full comprehensive on my standard vt2 calais hahaha what a crack up!)
that is a lot of money for insurance dude. 4 years at $4500 you can buy another VT Calais.

when i spoke with shannons a year back i had a young guy on the phone and he said that if you are under 25 you have to be member of car club or do advanced driving course otherwise talk to there sister company JustCar Insurance

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
for my VT V6 exec $1000 through SGIO, agreed value $16000 with mags, body kit, alarm, stereo($3500) and lowered. i was 21years old and no accidents...excess $850 (standard plus age)

for my new clubsport r8 $1990 through RAC value $35000. 22 years old accident a couple of months back. excess $700 (standard plus age) and because of 3 speeding fines (minor) over 5 years of driving $1000 imposed excess.....JustCar puts $1000 extra excess just for the type of vehicle

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
At the moment im paying $2300 per year (with no licence suspensions, no claims, completly stock car), but in my opinion that is still way too much, in a few years i would have spent the same amount on insurance as i did on the car itself. And i wonder why if they were one of very few to give me insurance why they wouldn't insure your clubby (which by the way is a freakin awesome beast of a car!!).

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Your location would help too MISS-E

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
MikesVT said:
At the moment im paying $2300 per year (with no licence suspensions, no claims, completly stock car), but in my opinion that is still way too much, in a few years i would have spent the same amount on insurance as i did on the car itself. And i wonder why if they were one of very few to give me insurance why they wouldn't insure your clubby (which by the way is a freakin awesome beast of a car!!).
thanks again for the car comment mate.....it has me stumped why they wont insure it but hey there loss.....
RAC, RACQ or whatever is in your state are usually the cheapest and will take on any car unless it is highly modified

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
TigerVX - No other mods. Just alloys, stereo and kit.
It was insured until the kit was added then they said its too high risk for theft and they wont insure it.

DeanoVX - Im in adelaide.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Miss-E said:
TigerVX - No other mods. Just alloys, stereo and kit.
It was insured until the kit was added then they said its too high risk for theft and they wont insure it.

DeanoVX - Im in adelaide.
have you tried aami or the relevant RAC in your state...no idea what they call the SA one.
Just Cars will definately insure it but not for any more than the market value plus 20% as an agreed value.

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I am 22, got a modified V8 Calais and paying only $2.2k through Just Car in Western Sydney! NRMA wanted to insure me for $5.9k hehehe

when I had the VT V6 Calais I was paying $3.6k to NRMA

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
when i got my vs i was 16 and it had a body kit an cd player an that was it and no one would insure me because i had a bodykit untill i found elders since then i have put an exust and a few other things an they dont care at all. Im 17 now and im paying 1300 a year. but they said that will go down every year i go with out making a claim when its been my fault. ah yea i have a $1500 excess cas i have had my license for less then 3 or 4 years

http://insurance.elders.com.au/quote.asp