Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help me make more powerrrrrr.

VT6er

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 A4
hey lads i cant decide what to do for my next mods for my ecotec VT. not looking to blow it or turbo it just yet but will be turboed down the track some time. and id rather put money into a 6 that can beat 8s. more fun :yeah: . so far is:

extactors and 2 1/2 inch single pipe
MSD coils and leads
POD and 70mm TB
Rocker covers and ultra high ratio rockers
Pedders suspension and 19's

have got but not installed yet:
4.11 diff and housing with minispool
steel piston kit, high stally, stage two shift kit for 4l60e auto
crow springs
stainless twin throttle body intake and pipework
72mm MAF (needs tuning)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
First and foremost would be a tune. But as for beating 8's.....yep...good luck with that.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Wrong sectiooonnnnnnnnn.............

VT6er

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 A4
hahaha your obviously a v8 owner. its my first car, after this will be a v8 and the rest of my cars will be but for now i dont mind spending a bit and cant wait to turbo it. a tune you say? how much you reckon?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
hey lads i cant decide what to do for my next mods for my ecotec VT. not looking to blow it or turbo it just yet but will be turboed down the track some time. and id rather put money into a 6 that can beat 8s. more fun :yeah: . so far is:

extactors and 2 1/2 inch single pipe
MSD coils and leads
POD and 70mm TB
Rocker covers and ultra high ratio rockers
Pedders suspension and 19's

have got but not installed yet:
4.11 diff and housing with minispool
steel piston kit, high stally, stage two shift kit for 4l60e auto
crow springs
stainless twin throttle body intake and pipework
72mm MAF (needs tuning)

I wouldn't put twin throats on an internally stock Ecotec man. Any reason for the springs and pistons or are they just to freshen the existing gear up? If you are gonna have your block apart to do the pistons, throw a cam in it and some good pistons, or just stroke it. Sell the stally and diff to fund the cam and pistons.

VT6er

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 A4
steel piston kit for auto trans. replaces alloys. includes 3-4th piston, forward piston, over run piston and spring retainer to suit the steel piston. they seal better and shouldnt fatigue or crack. i thought the valve springs may be a little worn and could be losing a bit of power from them seeing as the engines done 234,000kms so i got some performance crows.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Ohhhh right right right now i get ya. Hmmmm, well since the block won't really be apart, i wouldn't bother with twin throats, the Ecotec won't suck in enough air to warrant twin throats.

Ebay now have over the radiator air intakes for the Ecotec, problem is i'm not sure how well they work etc. Sell the twin throats man you will get a fair bit for them, then use the cash towards a blower, or towards a cam or a heap of little power mods.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
best to save the money when you do get an 8.i know of someone who put a big cam in their ecotec and was slower then my stock ss and used a shitload more fuel too

VT6er

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 A4
yep yep thats wat everyone says. i know its tru but i rly want to play around with this im learning heaps. and i cant own a v8 till im off my Ps in september next year

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Id just wait to be honest, save this money for either buying an 8 or dropping a 5 litre into your existing car like my friends did and like i plan to.