Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help oxygen sensor connector drive side

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
50th Anniversary VT commodore
Help how do you get your hand in to connect the oxygen sensor connector drive side I have big hands.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
What car for a start and what engine?
On the LFW/LFX it's a bit of a pain as I have really big 4xl glove size hands but I manage.
On the LLT it's a **** show getting them undone and done up :D
Never tried on a V8 but most of them should be doable from up top or underneath you just have to get your fingers close.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Not easy. Can't remember which way I did it but only 1 way would work for me. I think I connected it first before screwing it in, that way there's more slack in the cable and I think I did it through the engine bay.
Or are you talking about the post cat sensor beside the transmission?

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not easy. Can't remember which way I did it but only 1 way would work for me. I think I connected it first before screwing it in, that way there's more slack in the cable and I think I did it through the engine bay.
Try both ways just can't get the plug up fingers to big looking at extra longnose pliers thank you for your help

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
On the LFW/LFX it's a bit of a pain as I have really big 4xl glove size hands but I manage.
Never tried on a V8 but most of them should be doable from up top or underneath you just have to get your fingers close.
Hi, v6 standard or omega, even remove gearbox cross member try lower back of box and push across make a bit more room. The passage side level with gearbox pan the driver side up level with gearbox output shaft. Just brought extra longnose pliers wait till cool down. Thank you for your help

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ah yes I know the one now. I had to rig up some funky piece of string or fishing line to reconnect the plug. Probably used pliers to squeeze the tabs in to disconnect it. 10 years ago, I'm just glad I only had to do it once ;)

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got it extra longnose pliers and bit of wire hook the plug in it goes thankyou for your response

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah yes I know the one now. I had to rig up some funky piece of string or fishing line to reconnect the plug. Probably used pliers to squeeze the tabs in to disconnect it. 10 years ago, I'm just glad I only had to do it once ;)
Go it extra longnose pliers and bit of wire hook the plug on it goes thankyou for your response

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got it extra longnose pliers and bit of wire hook up the plug on it goes thankyou for your response