Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP PLEASE Car shudders

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
That sounds promising. Hopefully the transmission service did the trick
Well just been for a good run arround town and up the freeway and no shudder so seems like transmission service has done it just have to see how long it lasts thankyou so much for your suggestions and help very much appreciated

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
I had a similar shudder only on acceleration, turned out a fine line cracked passenger engine mount, a common fault in commodores.
''Vin999, hi I had all the mounts checked and they were ok had transmission serviced and oil flush seems to have fixed it thankyou for your help much appreciated

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Well just been for a good run arround town and up the freeway and no shudder so seems like transmission service has done it just have to see how long it lasts thankyou so much for your suggestions and help very much appreciated

Good to hear it was just that and nothing major. A simple service can make a massive improvement in many cases.

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
Maybe check the transmission fluid level as well.
''Imoengnr, hi I had the transmisi
Good to hear it was just that and nothing major. A simple service can make a massive improvement in many cases.
Yeah absolutely pays to get services done keep the oils clean tho holden reckon those transmissions should be good to about 300,000 before a service hmm doubtfull but engine I think oil change every 5,000 with the ve

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
''Imoengnr, hi I had the transmission serviced and oil flushed seems to have fixed the shudder thankyou for your help much appreciated

Yeah absolutely pays to get services done keep the oils clean tho holden reckon those transmissions should be good to about 300,000 before a service hmm doubtfull but engine I think oil change every 5,000 with the ve

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6

Danielson1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve equip wagon 3.6
Torque converters can be anything you want them to be.
The overall cost would be in removing the trans to get at it. (It sits in the bell housing between the engine and transmission).
Torque converters aren't cheap, but you'd be looking at $400 to remove the trans ($600 to remove a tranny, but some people might like her to stay). $500-$600 for a torque converter. Could guess at around $1200. A solid service would be required too.
''Fu Manchu, hi I had the transmission serviced and oil flushed seems to have fixed it thankyou for your help much appreciated

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Not sure about the V6, but the V8 transmissions get new fluid and filter at the 150,000km service.