Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP rear door and parcel shelf advice

ryda921

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
reply to holdencommodorevp
i got quote $260 a sub cant remember where though i really dont no bout sealed or ported but i think i might go sealed im goin 2 subs because i like the sound of 2 ive herd 3 with dual subs and i like it alot

reply to acarmody
the amp i was thinkin of gettin was an alpine mrp m1000 is this one alright

reply to joe bellissimo
um my goal is to get a bit of both
would be good if it was loud but good quality aswell

if any body on here could offer me a good setup or something that they would recomend would be much appreciated very appreciated
joe i no u have offered me ur services :) i have to get bak to you
thx everyone

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Ah yes I did.

I'm going to throw my recommendation to you mate, a SINGLE HIGH QUALITY SUB in a WELL DESIGNED PORTED BOX is likely to give you the best result for what you are looking for.

Whats your musical taste? RnB? Rock? Something else?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Hmmz, I may have spoken too soon. The previous comment applies to MOST situations but with the fast beats having a sealed box does have its advantages. That said, a good quality subwoofer with an equal quality amplifier really shouldn't have a problem keeping up with fast beats even if the box is ported.

For rap and hip hop the ported boxes do sound better because if tuned low they can give that deep low frequency extension and play down low with authority.

Email some of your favorite to [email protected] and I will have a listen to them and then I'll shoot you back a couple of ideas.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Not in yet but I will get a notification on my BlackBerry when it arrives.

I'm going to be upgrading my system shortly, hopefully working with ASR on this one. I'll test the music on my 15" now and the 12" I'm upgrading it to. Boxes will all be ported so if they can keep up with your musical taste I will recommend the specific setups and box sizes I'm working with.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey Joe what about your "VIBE CBR12 Twin With Amplifier" kit, plugable ports for that tight music. I was just thinking that 2 x 12" with medium size boxes would be able to be more versatile in this situation than a 12" with a large box, if that makes sense. A more quick punch if I'm saying this right.

Ryda921 have you bought the Apline mono amp yet?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Hey Joe what about your "VIBE CBR12 Twin With Amplifier" kit, plugable ports for that tight music. I was just thinking that 2 x 12" with medium size boxes would be able to be more versatile in this situation than a 12" with a large box, if that makes sense. A more quick punch if I'm saying this right.

Ryda921 have you bought the Apline mono amp yet?

That would actually work out really well because you can run it ported or sealed so you wont actually have to make a choice!

I'm a bit off the ball today! Hahah!