Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Help stuck at 230kw only $2700 left in budget

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
go turbo dude thats where the numbers/power is at

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If your doing most of the work yourself, there is no reason you can't go bigger cam and intercooled.

EDIT: MACE even have thier cams on sale, you know you want too.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
To be serious here. If your gone down the s/c root and you seem to spent a lot money on it and want to stick to it.

What most people dont understand with charger and turbos is the efficiency maps. All your older eaton are only meant to do 13,500rpm at their max efficiency. these people with 19psi pullies are way over-spinning them and the end result is 19psi of heat.

As said there's 2 ways to go here either cool down your intake charge or buy a bigger/better supercharger like a whipple which is more efficiencent. In your case and budget cooling will probably be the best choice and throw in a set or roller rockers (proper ones) that wont push you lift to high.

A2A cooling is going to be cheaper W2A is better IF done right. With your budget go the A2A.

These mods should net you a decent gain for your budget and you need to find some mates with good mechanical knowledge and decent welding skills you'll be able to get it done with rockers or cam within your budget.

And best bit of advice your going to get is power figures dont mean ****. You have a genuine 12sec car there id say if best case scenario.

Theres people with strokers and centrifugal chargers that your car should make lunch of as it is

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
She is pretty quick heaps of torque from 1800rpm I just know that there is another 30-50hp sitting in there restricted by heat and lift.

If i can drop temps by 30 odd degrees and grab another 25thou of lift bump the curve a little higher then hopefully they will show up.

So any one got some good second hand 1.7 or 1.8 lifters? (Rockers thanks!)

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
She is pretty quick heaps of torque from 1800rpm I just know that there is another 30-50hp sitting in there restricted by heat and lift.

If i can drop temps by 30 odd degrees and grab another 25thou of lift bump the curve a little higher then hopefully they will show up.

So any one got some good second hand 1.7 or 1.8 rockers?

i'll fix your post for you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the MACE A2A should fit under a standard bonnet. better then W2A but needs tuning. then you can chuck on a smaller pulley as well

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
better than w2A how so? or you reffering just to the ones available for l67's?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
if you put a w2a with a seperate cooling system with an ice box it will be way better than any a2a. you could also put a methanol injector into the back of the throttle body to cool the blower then you can run more boost

That's a good idea really - W2A intercooling is a lot more efficient than A2A when done properly. Regardless of the methanol injector that poor little blower will be running way out of it's efficiency range so I suggest leaving the boost at the current levels.