Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!! VF SS S2 fitted with HSV R8 headers/cats and center pipe

HyonV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
To answer your original question, just get an exhaust shop to put the o2 bungs into the mid pipe.
Won't need extension, and won't throw a code of in same location as above.

I have my own question though. How easy are these headers and cats to find now? Maybe I'm not searching the right thing. I was considering just getting shorty pacemakers instead, but assume still need these cats for them to fit, or get cats made up, or mine hacked up.

Thanks mate for the input.

The headers and cats are extremely hard to find. Especially here in Vic.
I called about 15 to 20 wreckers.. maybe more throughout Victoria with no joy. Planet parts being one of them has a waiting list of 35 people which they say will never be fulfilled.
I then started calling all the exhaust shops one by one and found this set which I still can’t believe. Picked them up for $300.

Ebay, gumtree, trading post I trawled for weeks with no joy.

I’m trying to find an R8 Center pipe but I think my luck has run out so will get a GTS pipe and Have bungs welded as you and others have suggested.

HyonV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
My knowledge is pretty limited. What’s the difference between the x and h pipe?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I have my own question though. How easy are these headers and cats to find now? Maybe I'm not searching the right thing. I was considering just getting shorty pacemakers instead, but assume still need these cats for them to fit, or get cats made up, or mine hacked up.

The bigger headers are getting harder and harder to find. There's plenty of the smaller ones out there though. Higher build number of VE's.

Pacemakers shorties are a good option, they're basically the same. You'll just have to get some of their cats to suit, or have an exhaust shop make some up for you. Cutting up your stock cats to suit is an option. But money is better spent on aftermarket cats.

Another good header option is the Genie Tri Y, very nice fit.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
My knowledge is pretty limited. What’s the difference between the x and h pipe?

Both are simply a cross over pipe. The idea is to help speed up exhaust velocity. Location of the X or H pipe is important and will vary depending on engines and mods.
They also have a different sound too. H tend to have more of a beat/pulse, old school. X pipe tend to be smoother and have more of a scream when you're on it.

ratsmow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
And I can tell you the gtsr stock exhaust sound is freakin awesome.

HyonV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Both are simply a cross over pipe. The idea is to help speed up exhaust velocity. Location of the X or H pipe is important and will vary depending on engines and mods.
They also have a different sound too. H tend to have more of a beat/pulse, old school. X pipe tend to be smoother and have more of a scream when you're on it.

Ah ok. Thanks big Jim.
For every day driving as well as only wanting a bit more sound and not power the x pipe on the GTS Center would suffice would it?

HyonV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Thanks dimetime. Did have a read. Always good having other options. I’ll see how the HSV route goes and go from there.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Got my R8 340 HSV headers and centre section sitting in the shed, need to pull my finger out and fit it up to our director.

Whats are people thoughts on hi-flow cats? Was thinking of ditching the HSV cats that go with the headers and get custom made 200 call cats fitted. Wondering how it will sound...