Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!! VF SS S2 fitted with HSV R8 headers/cats and center pipe

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I think I've read every 340 header related thread at least 15 times. I think there's about 5 now.
Sooo many options. Some times I wish it was like subaru land and you just get a set on invidia pipes and call it a day.
But I did plan on talking to these guys next week.
I think these guys are are good option as you can marry up your original catback and have the benefit of tri ys and with 200 cell cats, the 400 cell standard cats along with the flawed inlet from the header into the cat lets down the hsv header/cat the most so definitely worth consideration.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I think I've read every 340 header related thread at least 15 times. I think there's about 5 now.
Sooo many options. Some times I wish it was like subaru land and you just get a set on invidia pipes and call it a day.
But I did plan on talking to these guys next week.
I think these guys are are good option as you can marry up your original catback and have the benefit of tri ys and with 200 cell cats, the 400 cell standard cats along with the flawed inlet from the header into the cat lets down the hsv header/cat the most so definitely worth consideration.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
I'm actually running these headers on my car now haha, they're a very nice header.
Ok great to know. Hard being interstate and getting feedback.

I'm sure castle hill exhaust or sure flow up here could put together something also. But obviously easier when there's a known solution.

What are you running them into?

Last edited:

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Ok great to know. Hard being interstate and getting feedback.

I'm sure castle hill exhaust or sure flow up here could put together something also. But obviously easier when there's a known solution.

What are you running them into?

I'm running them with the stock cat back atm.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Are the HSV headers/cats fairly straight forward to fit, no issues with dipstick etc?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Are the HSV headers/cats fairly straight forward to fit, no issues with dipstick etc?
Probably the easiest header fitment out there.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Headers n cats bolt straight up,dip stick tube is best with two blokes,one up to send it through and one under to guid it into bloke,that shal test your patience,back sensors can be undone real easy dut front ones are a bit of a bitch,don’t try to unclip just undo and count the twists,to replace trist up same count and screw in,place stearing wheel in straight ahead to access stearing rod bolt to move stearing shaft aside.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Headers n cats bolt straight up,dip stick tube is best with two blokes,one up to send it through and one under to guid it into bloke,that shal test your patience,back sensors can be undone real easy dut front ones are a bit of a bitch,don’t try to unclip just undo and count the twists,to replace trist up same count and screw in,place stearing wheel in straight ahead to access stearing rod bolt to move stearing shaft aside.
No need to touch the steering shaft with HSV headers.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
By the sounds of things o2 sensor loom extensions are not required in the front either? I know rears dont