Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help - what to do with rear o2 sensors of vfss

angelo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfssv redline S1
Hi guys,

Know nothing about modern cars. Half way through changing my exhaust on my vf s1 redline to a set of hsv headers and mid section and realised that each exhaust has 2 o2 sensors 1 before the cat and one in the mid section. Hsv only has them before the cats. What do i do with the rear 02 sensors? Cani disconnect them?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi guys,

Know nothing about modern cars. Half way through changing my exhaust on my vf s1 redline to a set of hsv headers and mid section and realised that each exhaust has 2 o2 sensors 1 before the cat and one in the mid section. Hsv only has them before the cats. What do i do with the rear 02 sensors? Cani disconnect them?
The GenF3 HSV mid section has bungs for the second set of O2 sensors. You'll either have to pick up one of those, or have an exhaust shop weld some bungs into yours.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
U can disconnect them but you have to get them turned off in the computer as well because the check engine light will be on

angelo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfssv redline S1
Cheers I will get some bungs welded in. So I bolted everything back up. It ran like **** threw an alarm on the dash. So I pulled over and one spark plug lead wasn't connected properly. Put it back on and now she runs spot on again. Problem is I can't get rid of the check engine light.. this is why I don't stuff around with new cars. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Take it to a reputable tuner and he will cancel it via soft ware,it does no harm to have the back ones turned off,check this site for good tuners in Melb.