Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which aftermarket exhaust do I have installed? (Answered: Manta)

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I put a cat back, mild steel exhaust in my series 1 VF Redline about 6 years ago, I cannot remember what I bought.... I tried to have a look the other day and couldnt see much, how can I tell if its Xforce or Manta? Its one of those 2 I think. Are there any stickers or ID anywhere? I could try for a photo but its pretty hard to get pics of an exhaust...
Im about to get cats, headers and a tune and I thought I should prob buy the same brand of headers etc as I already have to make sure everything fits ok. I guess it should work between brands as they are replacing factory parts but you know how it is, so easy to get caught out with an incorrect part when doing something you have never done before...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Manta exhausts were never particularly strong in SA. X-force and Redback were the most common in mild steel cat backs.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
I put a cat back, mild steel exhaust in my series 1 VF Redline about 6 years ago, I cannot remember what I bought.... I tried to have a look the other day and couldnt see much, how can I tell if its Xforce or Manta? Its one of those 2 I think. Are there any stickers or ID anywhere? I could try for a photo but its pretty hard to get pics of an exhaust...
Im about to get cats, headers and a tune and I thought I should prob buy the same brand of headers etc as I already have to make sure everything fits ok. I guess it should work between brands as they are replacing factory parts but you know how it is, so easy to get caught out with an incorrect part when doing something you have never done before...
pic of exhaust tips would help, X force have it wriiten on there tips

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Chargin, it’s only been 6 years … and like all good ocd car owners you do keep all your receipts,… right :rolleyes: So the hint could be to look at your purchase receipt :p;)

Failing that, if the business you purchased your cat back exhaust from still exists, tax laws requires they keep records for 7? years* … so being it’s only 6 years since you fitted them, they should have the info … and if they were good to do business with why not also talk to them about your exhaust upgrade?

[edited to add following]
* seems business records must be kept for at least 5 years but if all these data breaches are anything to go by, most businesses will still have your data for many more years and never securely dispose of said data …

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Im pretty bad at keeping receipts so they have long gone.
I took a couple of pics, no brand names that I can see but there is a 0715 code on the bottom of the muffler, does that help?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Clipboard012.jpg
    Clipboard012.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 97

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
One thing that may help point in the right direction is what kind of crossover pipe it has.
H or X will often narrow it down.

2nd pic the oval sticker does look like the Manta sticker size/shape

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
One thing that may help point in the right direction is what kind of crossover pipe it has.
H or X will often narrow it down.

2nd pic the oval sticker does look like the Manta sticker size/shape
Agreed. I thought the tailpipes looked a bit manta too

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Not sure if this is enough to ID crossover, its a pic I already had on the phone. Is the crossover in front of the hotdogs?

Attachments

• Clipboard023.jpg
    Clipboard023.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 82