Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which aftermarket exhaust do I have installed? (Answered: Manta)

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I've only owned one XForce and it had the brand name stamped into the muffler.
I think the OP's exhaust is likely a Redback particularly in SA where the Redback distributor is a prominent exhaust component supplier in the trade. They had an oval sticker on the mufflers and hotdogs on some of their VE/VF cat backs. I think all the X-force mufflers I've seen have the embossed logo and often a ridged outer casing and different to the OP's photos.

Last edited:

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I think the OP's exhaust is likely a Redback particularly in SA where the Redback distributor is a prominent exhaust component supplier in the trade. They had an oval sticker on the mufflers and hotdogs on some of their VE/VF cat backs. I think all the X-force mufflers I've seen have the embossed logo and often a ridged outer casing and different to the OP's photos.
Hmm, Redback doesnt really ring a bell to be honest but it has been a while...
Also, looking at all the current Redback stuff, its painted black, which mine isnt.

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hmm, Redback doesnt really ring a bell to be honest but it has been a while...
Also, looking at all the current Redback stuff, its painted black, which mine isnt.
Not all Redback systems are black, I've fitted a few silver, or aluminumised mild steel one's. I'm thinking more about what's common in SA and Manta which your system may be, is not so common and a bit pricey. It's not a Pacemaker also common in SA as they don't use hotdogs, their resonators are square edged and flanged at the rear.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Ive now been looking at Ultrex headers and cats
I'd fit a set of Pacemaker tri-y's. 4 into 1 are ok at high revs in a narrow RPM band when they're optimally designed for a specific engine, but tri-y's work better over a wider RPM band. The Camaro Supercars (LS engine) use tri-y headers along with many using them now on 410 sprint car engines. Here's a nice set of tri-y's on a 900hp sprint car!

349753957_637335468260382_8489753145973299368_n.jpg

Chargin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I know what you are talking about, I always thought the 4 into 1 style was more of a racing header but it seems nearly all of the manufacturers only offer that style these days. Redback, Manta, Harrop, Ultrex etc all do the 4 into 1. I have Pacemakers on my Charger, I know the brand well but they are very expensive and Im not after every last horsepower on the VF so it might have to be the 4 into 1's..... Thanks for the comment though.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I always thought the 4 into 1 style was more of a racing header but it seems nearly all of the manufacturers only offer that style these days.
It seems one header manufacturer fabricated a large collector 4 into 1 style, state of the art drag race header design from the '70's and they all copied it! Given that merge-collector technology became mainstream 25 years ago to improve 4 into 1 scavenging and is all you'll see today on 4 into 1 race header, no one in the aftermarket has produced a VE/VF 4 into 1 header with merge-collectors yet, unbelievable!

Last edited:

AMack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Commodore
Im pretty bad at keeping receipts so they have long gone.
I took a couple of pics, no brand names that I can see but there is a 0715 code on the bottom of the muffler, does that help?
Redback sticker

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Redback sticker
Update | Update!!
Haha this is funny, I looked back into my post history and the answer is right there...
I remember now, I had some trouble fitting it and came asking for help, its a Manta system!
Heres the thread:
[/URL]

Ive now been looking at Ultrex headers and cats, they are a good price, I wonder if they will bolt right up to the Manta cat back system that I have?