Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with aftermarket 2 DIN heater control facia not working

Bigetho281

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 UTE
Hey guys,
i have a 2009 SV6 VE Ute that i bought a couple of months ago. It has the aftermarket facia to house a 2 din Alpine head unit (ina-w910r, which works perfectly) though there seems to be lacking some control for the rest of the car. The buttons for the level of the fans, the hazard lights and the "off" button for the air con all seem to work though i can only tell this through hearing and feeling what the fans are doing as the screen to represent changes to the air con does not appear on the alpine's screen (or i just dont know how to get to it). no matter how long i press the temp. up button it just doesnt get any warmer.
i have taken it to an auto electrician and with out to much fiddling they found that it was definitely the fascia/control system at fault. If anyone has had this problem or has any ideas i would be more than happy to hear.
thanks

Bigetho281

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 UTE
thanks mate will definitely have a look

I've research them a bit more and have found mine was done by "Overline Technology" in Victoria, i found up the guy who designed it and he gave me the basic install guide/ wiring diagram and told me the first step would be to get the graphics/ heater display working on the head unit (which is done through the head units "reverse camera source" using a blue/black(trigger wire), purple (video IN), grey/black(Video signal ground) plus a few more... anyway i pulled the face off to see if i could find them and turns out they have all been cut half way and lead to nothing.
again if anyone else has some tips or anything that could be remotely useful i would really appreciate it.
ill try and stay up to date with how it goes for anyone that might be having the same sort of problem. :)

Dad the green ninja

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Ss Ute
I’ve just found the exact same problem with my Ute.. all those same colour wires have been cut.. did u join them and have success mate? Also realise this was years ago lol..