Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with project

snosho

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive wagon
Hi all. I'm new to this so bear with me.
i Have a 1994 VR wagon, now dont kill me but im thinking of installing neons in the footwells. i want to tap into the cigarette lighter for power. my question is does any one know what wire the cigarette lighter is, what colour etc and any tips for the installation?

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
Hi all. I'm new to this so bear with me.
i Have a 1994 VR wagon, now dont kill me but im thinking of installing neons in the footwells. i want to tap into the cigarette lighter for power. my question is does any one know what wire the cigarette lighter is, what colour etc and any tips for the installation?
Dont bother with Neons, use LED stick on strips (check out ebay or drop in to Jcar) these can be bought in lengths or on a 5 meter roll & usaully can be cut at every 3rd LED or approx every 250mm or so, for the wire for cig lighter just pop of the panel around your shifter you will see the wires center wire is positive. Make sure polarity is right or your LED's will not light up. Personally I would tap into the circut for the courtesy light.