Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

here's what can be done to a V6

MACE

Reaction score
Well there is already a VT V6 turbo, in street trim, pulling a 9.6 @143 MPH running 28psi, no nos, no transbrake, ebay cooler, TA45 turbo and C6 fuel, with IRS end.

YouTube - Heathcote Drags (this run did a 9.8 same car though)

This car will be going out again shortly with a thicker 4 inch cooler more boost and some other tweaks, I dare say it will run a low 9

Koo's car is an even more developed build so I dare say it will run an 8 if nothing breaks. If I had to guess this would be a figure he'd have in mind.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
mmm, when you get under 10seconds, every thousandth of a second gets hard.

A thicker cooler and more boost isn't going to drop a second.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
Shut down lol. Koo well done mate great car simply amazing! Kelly us posted with figures!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
what a bunch of tossers. you guys have no idea what a V6 can do and what they have done in the past.

maybe some of you should do some research. just to clarify, each one of those snails is rated at 525hp and he's got 2 and if he gets bored with that then there is plenty of NOS to party with.

looking at the way the VT launches with the M90 combo i think he's got it figured out fairly well

bulldog79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais .vs commodore
yeh this forum is starting to **** me there is always wanker s that has some thing bad or smart to say

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
awesome job mate

i would love to get a set of those manifolds
you said you did it yourself ye .. ?

i reckon its the best way to turbocharge a v configuration engine exactly as you have instead having the turbo on one side
with uneven exhuast gases reaching it from the further side

goodluck woith the build mate
yes mate the manifolds are a 1 off custom job never do them again thanks Dan they have been extrude honed and ceramic coated

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
keep telling me more and more the car won't run an 8 that just gives me more motivation to do it:boxing: but in saying that it will be the ultimate goal and a long way down the track. got to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run