Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

here's what can be done to a V6

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Honestly, there really is some wankers on this forum at times.....If you don't like it, then how about you just #### right off out of this thread. Once you have a 9 second car (with any engine) then come back and tell us all how cool you are.

LOL @ Hozy, thought you were better than that ****. Just another wanker it seams.

Koo, great set-up mate, be sure to turn a few heads when it's done.

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Sweet setup mate! I love that you're putting in the effort for the 6!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I cant believe some of the w*nker comments in this thread, he is one of the fastest V6 commodore owners in Australia...and that was with the old m90 setup.
You guys need to start appreciating what this guy has done with this car, he has not only set new boundaries but shown everyone the V6 is not just a motor to be ignored...

Now I'm not starting ****, but I'd really like to know how much his 9 second pass cost him.
Purely for comparison.
Because as I said, given that its a V6, its absolutely epic.

Could we get a dyno graph?

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Honestly Soop, with this kind of set-up no matter what engine you use it is going to cost about the same IMO. Lets look at it, everything he has bought or built would need to be done to a V8, built engine, snails, cooler, ECU, trans etc. etc.

Sure a bigger engine might go a bit faster, but at the end of the day costs wouldn't really be that much different.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Honestly Soop, with this kind of set-up no matter what engine you use it is going to cost about the same IMO. Lets look at it, everything he has bought or built would need to be done to a V8, built engine, snails, cooler, ECU, trans etc. etc.

Sure a bigger engine might go a bit faster, but at the end of the day costs wouldn't really be that much different.

Well that's why I asked. Purely out of interest.
I've never built a proper fast v6 (Best I've done is a near stock Buick with an M90)

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
awesome job mate

i would love to get a set of those manifolds
you said you did it yourself ye .. ?

i reckon its the best way to turbocharge a v configuration engine exactly as you have instead having the turbo on one side
with uneven exhuast gases reaching it from the further side

goodluck woith the build mate

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
All I have to say is I love your work dude. And it's unique, I dare say that there aren't many VT's with
twin high mount turbos running around on the street. And while I do acknowledge all the guys asking
why not start with an LSX, I will say this, there is only a very small percentage of cars on the road that
would give this one any troubles in a straight line at all. The Enzo Ferrari will only do an 11 second quarter.
Props on the mad car :D