Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi all, im from the UK and this is my 2001 HSV GTS-UK

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Great car, I imagine you'd get quite a few people asking just what it is though, since they'd be fairly rare there. I've got a few mates in Britain, and usually when I show them photos of HSVs they're quick to point out that they look like a riced up Vauxhall.

lol well Holden is Vauxhall over their but im from England also and most of my mates know it as the "Vauxhall VXR Monaro" hahaha

Same story over here i bet like with the HSV'S - If you saw a Renault 5 Turbo haha you would be like wtf!!!!!

And btw i love your ride - sunbus lol thats pretty sweet :p

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Seeing this in the UK reminds me of the top gear review Jeremy clarkson did on your car (YouTube - *HQ* Top gear Clarkson HSV VT GTS series 1 5.7). Hahaha I love the part when he drives through the small quiet country town and then they show the aftermath of what the v8 caused lol hehe golden.

anyway back to your car, good to see it in the UK. I imagine that wouldn't be cheap to own over their, so you should be proud of it. how hard is it to get aftermarket parts for it over there? or do you have to get them from the US and Australia?

I have that but have you seen the one where hes trying to beat Vicki Butler Henderson with decent cars against her ricers and what not?

He takes on a 800bhp Ford Capri and this is what he says (i find this stupidly ridiculous):

Im going to win because ive got one of these.....its an australian Holden HSV :bang:

Cant believe he says that AND it loses!

383VXSS

383VXSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
Nice car mate any mods planned?Probably a bit hard livin in the UK ay.How bout some engine bay shots
Just a suggestion but might b a good time to upgrade the clutch/flywheel while the box is out as the stock one is pretty piss weak.You might also benifit from a RIPSHIFT as they make changes much smoother/quicker.All the best mate.

kamylion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTS-UK
I have that but have you seen the one where hes trying to beat Vicki Butler Henderson with decent cars against her ricers and what not?

He takes on a 800bhp Ford Capri and this is what he says (i find this stupidly ridiculous):

Im going to win because ive got one of these.....its an australian Holden HSV :bang:

Cant believe he says that AND it loses!

that car clarkson drove was a HSV GTS-R UK they have 410bhp as standard, id like to have seen what it would of done to a standard capri :D

Nice car mate any mods planned?Probably a bit hard livin in the UK ay.How bout some engine bay shots
Just a suggestion but might b a good time to upgrade the clutch/flywheel while the box is out as the stock one is pretty piss weak.You might also benifit from a RIPSHIFT as they make changes much smoother/quicker.All the best mate.

its got some factory uprades like headers, exhaust, intake and some other things that give it 400bhp instead of the standard 340bhp.

id like to get a monaro vxr bonnet (one with the nostrils), bit louder exhaust and some 19" or 20" alloys.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Seeing this in the UK reminds me of the top gear review Jeremy clarkson did on your car (YouTube - *HQ* Top gear Clarkson HSV VT GTS series 1 5.7). Hahaha I love the part when he drives through the small quiet country town and then they show the aftermath of what the v8 caused lol hehe golden.

anyway back to your car, good to see it in the UK. I imagine that wouldn't be cheap to own over their, so you should be proud of it. how hard is it to get aftermarket parts for it over there? or do you have to get them from the US and Australia?

That VT GTS in the video is on it's guts..... That thing is low as...

383VXSS

383VXSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
Didnt the serries 1 have the stroked 5.7L Holden roller motor and the serries 2 have the C4B LS1 ?