Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi speed cooling fan trouble

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
good to hear that its all fixed,

happy i was right about the ecu been the fault

and with aircon, is it just low speed that runs?
Yeah,just the low fan is coming on when the AC is turned on.It shuts off once you get to 60 km/h.(my old ECU didnt shut off the fan at 60 ).The hi and lo speeds are coming on when the sensor wiring is removed,and also both speeds work now when they are tested with a Tech1. So everything is back to how it should be.Thanks.

Last edited:

admir87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
very good to hear mate, no worries glad to help

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Yeah,just the low fan is coming on when the AC is turned on.It shuts off once you get to 60 km/h.(my old ECU didnt shut off the fan at 60 ).The hi and lo speeds are coming on when the sensor wiring is removed,and also both speeds work now when they are tested with a Tech1. So everything is back to how it should be.Thanks.

Nice to see where the fault lay but what a looong diagnosis - well done Brett and other smart people......now I'm not going to check my fans (mine comes on Hi with A/C). I reckon my problem is because of the COP chip in my BT1 ex-cop car.....:bomb:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The tech 1 says that its definitely the low fan on when the AC is on.The hi fan status is off.It showed its on either hi or lo when I did the temp sensor wiring test though,so its all working ok.You might be right,yours might have something to do with being an ex cop car,they were better equipped to handle idling for extended periods,with heavy duty radiators and alternators and what not.

Last edited: