Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hieght adjustable seats for VY one tonner

R

Risky

can turn that off with Tazzis body control software

lol mine don't do the chime noise except the doors so I'm glad about that. It's a pity you can't change it into something better or that has a voice on it.

I took a VFII SSV for a test drive mid last week & everything goes ding dong. It's like a health & safety warning system.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Risky

I don't even have the ding dong noise !
Mine still has the ecotech motor not the alloytech .
My local Mechanic advised me to avoid the alloytech .
So early 04 not late .
But I have started searching for some VY seats with as close colour to mine as I can get ( black with black trim )
One wrecker suggested that Vx buckets would bolt up but was not sure about something with the seatbelts not fitting or something did not quite catch it ( I am oldish and my hearing is sub-par )

The LY7 engines are so troublesome. In my last job we had them as company cars & they were forever trying to get sorted. In the end Holden lost the contract & we went with Ford. The L36 Buick engine even though it has it's faults has been around forever so I stuck with them.

You wont have any problems with the seatbelt so basically any seat from the VT-VZ will go in your one tonner as it has no plugs. The advice about hard wiring them up is true & would make your life easier. You might be better off chasing a set of seats rather than just one seat.

pony-tail

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one ton ute
The LY7 engines are so troublesome. In my last job we had them as company cars & they were forever trying to get sorted. In the end Holden lost the contract & we went with Ford. The L36 Buick engine even though it has it's faults has been around forever so I stuck with them.

You wont have any problems with the seatbelt so basically any seat from the VT-VZ will go in your one tonner as it has no plugs. The advice about hard wiring them up is true & would make your life easier. You might be better off chasing a set of seats rather than just one seat.
Yes , I am at present trying to find a pair of black buckets that have the height adjustment .

R

Risky

It's gonna be a long search for you. As I said before it took me 8 months to find a set for mine.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Holdens did change the seat frames during production on VY a few times, 3 to be exact that ive found, we have 3 VY berlinas in the family 2 of them are 2003 models and mine is a 2004,

the major change i've noticed is 2003 have the same seat setup as VX, and my 2004 has the same as VZ, the easiest way that you can tell is the Map pocket on the rear part of the seat wraps around the sides of the seat on the 2002-2003 and on the later VY models it doesnt, the other change i've seen is on some early 2002-2003 seats they dont have a seat belt warning light wire, my sisters 2003 berlina wagon has one, but her husbands 2003 berlina sedan doesnt , both have the early VX type seat assembly

I'll check my workshop manual see if it mentions anything of the tonner seats being different to normal seats

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Being a 04 your seat is probably the same as my VY sedan so will need later model vy or vz seats, so the seat will bolt straight in,

wiring is 3 wire hookup you memory, earth and power for the seat, and another wire for the seatbelt warning light/beep(early vy don't have the addition wire)

Worst case is you might be able to get a pair of seats from any vy, vz with the adjustment and remove the foam and trim from yours and refit them to the new frames, I done this to my vy Berlina and fitted full 8 way electric memory seat frames from a vy Calais , reusing the berlina trim, as mine are in very good condition

I have a vy workshop manual with the assembly instructions if you need some info, quite easy to do, you might only need to remove the seat base and swap it over not completely disassemble back of the seat, seats come apart quite easy

Just need to know what seats you currently have, so I can send you the correct info, also a email address

Last edited:

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
tried uploading the seat diagrams, but there is just over 400 pages covering the vy series 2 seats, alot not relevant but if anyone wants these sections PM and i will email them to you

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
it wont have the pocket but still has the blank type of cover that the pocket is normally secured to, its this part that wraps around on early models