Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Mileage Tyres for VX

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mine were 'unexpectedly step out sideways at 80k's' in the rain scary. Having said that, the RE92 bridgestones I had about 7 years ago weren't far off that either. I understand not all tyres made by a manufacturer are created equal, but those two tyres are models I'd NEVER try again.

I suppose my biggest problem is that I found them unpredictable and they gave no warning before letting go. You never really appreciate good tyres until you compare them back to back with cheap and nasty tyres.

I am running the Optimo....Started out with the 235/60X14 and increased upto the 245/60X14....Never had an issue with them in the wet....They are fitted to a wogbox running a warmed over 318 and auto ....Yes, they will break traction wet or dry, if I want it to, but never has it let go unexpectibly.

The RE92.....Well, that pattern was at least 15 years old (maybe more) when they finally canned it....They were good when they were first released, but left that pattern run way too long before canning it