Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Highest KM for a VE V6?

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
Just wondering what KM are on VE V6's out there and if anyone has one with high KM on it and what kind of problems (if any) have they encountered? Does it still drive well, steering suspension etc..

I ask this because I'm considering keeping my Omega for many years, I love the car. I have no doubts that when looked after I shouldn't have any dramas with the engine up to 300,000km but I'm more so worried about the electrical side of things.. computers and gadgets.. LCD screens.. that kind of deal.

Mine only has 88,000km and it's 4 y/o, still flawless mechanically but it is meticulously maintained too.

Hym1e

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
mine has done 116K and no problem until about a month ago where I'm getting some sort of shake/shutter between 1st and 2nd in my auto only after about 10 minutes or so of driving (guess somethings warmed up or flexes). Holden says the can't reproduce fault so I'm going there on Tuesday to prove to them there is a problem. I'll keep you updated. Other than that it's still in excellent condition and really good to drive after it hits 2nd.

Gorrell72

Reaction score
Members Ride
my09.5 SS
My old omega had 147k and only problems I had ( owned scince 70k ) was the ac would not blow air in 40 degree heat dunno what the problem was but they fixed it

and the auto box under light acceleration (1st to 2nd) would hang around in 1st for a bit before it decided to jurk you into 2nd Holden could not replicate the problem this piss me off so much I bought a manual but not the only reason :)

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
the omega taxi i was in the other week had close to 500thousand, and it seemed to drive quite well,the engine was quiet, just a rattle from the antenna

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
Wow yeah Taxi's rake em up.. every time I get an omega taxi they have the display on digital speedo. I sometimes get the "flaring" between gear changes in the auto mainly between 2nd and 3rd, much more noticable since I have a louder exhaust. I'm just hoping it doesn't cause a drama with the box any time soon. My last car was a 98 magna V6 auto that sometimes flared between changes and its got 300k on it now and still runs well so im hoping for the same luck with my omega.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm up to about 160 K. All goes well just the nasty tyre wear pee's me off. Could do with some new shocks and a set of pads soon but i'm happy cos i''l be glad to get rid of the standard rubbish and wack in something decent.

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
Nice.. so far I'm very happy with my tyre wear, only minor extra wear on the insides but still done 50k on my 19" front set with more than legal tread to go. I think my suspension is a bit noisier than it should be mainly on the passenger side, which i think i'll go and see a suspension shop about. Still on the original brake pads @ 88k which seems exceptionally good as I am not always easy on it

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Auto flare is common. It shits me to tears, my tuner has worked at mine but it's always going to be there to a certain degree

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
I've seen earlier model commodores go 500000kms with only minor f like dash bulbs going and headlining falling off haha