Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Highest KM for a VE V6?

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
171K and going up at 1K p.w.
no real issue other than front struts replaced due to leak and usual error codes.
still on original pads and discs.
major consumables are tyres, oil, filters, plugs, battery & fuel.

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
171K and going up at 1K p.w.
no real issue other than front struts replaced due to leak and usual error codes.
still on original pads and discs.
major consumables are tyres, oil, filters, plugs, battery & fuel.

Original pads and discs.. that's doing well! Occasionally, maybe once every 2 months mine beeps and pops up with the "Stability Control Off" for like half a second then disappears.. doesn't log a code or anything, Holden only narrowed it down to an insignificant glitch in the cluster.
My mate has an SV6 and a couple of pixels (barely noticeable) have failed in the radio LCD display.. hoping this doesn't happen to me, and in particular with the trip computer display. I know clusters that have had a lot of use can become dull but I guess globes can be replaced. But if that happens I guess it would be a good excuse to upgrade to a higher model cluster lol

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Original pads and discs.. that's doing well! Occasionally, maybe once every 2 months mine beeps and pops up with the "Stability Control Off" for like half a second then disappears.. doesn't log a code or anything, Holden only narrowed it down to an insignificant glitch in the cluster.
My mate has an SV6 and a couple of pixels (barely noticeable) have failed in the radio LCD display.. hoping this doesn't happen to me, and in particular with the trip computer display. I know clusters that have had a lot of use can become dull but I guess globes can be replaced. But if that happens I guess it would be a good excuse to upgrade to a higher model cluster lol

Hey mate,

I have the same thing with "Stability Control Off" in my 06 ve calais, did the same thing in my dads ve calais aswell.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
My '07 Lumina has 130,000 on the clock.
No problems...yet. ;)

I bought it at 110k
Converted to LPG @ 120,000

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I've got a 2006 WM Caprice with 217,000 on the clock - ex chauffeur car. When I bought it, it had an intermittent fault code for the throttle position sensor, which used to affect gear changes, especially on light throttle. I replaced the throttle body/TPS unit ($300 brand new from EBAY vs $480 from Holden), and it's been fine so far. It also had a failed tyre pressure sensor, which I replaced, and no further problems with that system. Dashboard displays and DVD monitors all work OK. The only thing I've noticed is that the steering wheel 'trip' button doesn't always work (ie every now and then press it, and nothing happens - press again, and it works), and the power window switches can sometimes stick "ON" - tap them, and they go back to the neutral position. All in all, for the KM travelled, the car is in very good condition, and drives well. Engine is smooth, and still very economical. Everything still works. Prior to this car, I had a VY 25th Anniversary which we racked up 175,000 km on with very few problems, and before that, a VP Calais which we got to 360,000 km with very few problems before upgrading it.

If you've owned your car from new and look after it, it should last you well.

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
105k up for a water pump

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
I've got a 2006 WM Caprice with 217,000 on the clock - ex chauffeur car. When I bought it, it had an intermittent fault code for the throttle position sensor, which used to affect gear changes, especially on light throttle. I replaced the throttle body/TPS unit ($300 brand new from EBAY vs $480 from Holden), and it's been fine so far. It also had a failed tyre pressure sensor, which I replaced, and no further problems with that system. Dashboard displays and DVD monitors all work OK. The only thing I've noticed is that the steering wheel 'trip' button doesn't always work (ie every now and then press it, and nothing happens - press again, and it works), and the power window switches can sometimes stick "ON" - tap them, and they go back to the neutral position. All in all, for the KM travelled, the car is in very good condition, and drives well. Engine is smooth, and still very economical. Everything still works. Prior to this car, I had a VY 25th Anniversary which we racked up 175,000 km on with very few problems, and before that, a VP Calais which we got to 360,000 km with very few problems before upgrading it.

If you've owned your car from new and look after it, it should last you well.

That's good to know. I've now got a knocking noise in the passenger suspension, sounds like something is loose, even small bumps it's fairly noticable so I'll have it checked monday. I'll see how long my trip button lasts lol, I frequently change the display so it gets a lot of use.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nice.. so far I'm very happy with my tyre wear, only minor extra wear on the insides but still done 50k on my 19" front set with more than legal tread to go.
50k on 19's is pretty good. Who does your wheel alignment and is it standard or have you got some extra camber or anything ? I get the extra wear on the outside of the rears which is weird, cos its not like i hang the tail out all the time, i drive on straight roads most of the time. Its still doing the same thing after a 4 wheel alignment too.

Davec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Sv6
Mine has had it clock wound back by the dealership ( Currently dealing with them) But its actual ks are looking at almost 300,000 and its going OKISH it has had two Transmittion rebuilds on it, but that was due to doing 300,000kms in 4 years. Overall a strong car though from what i have found, That is flying blind and only knowing how the car has been treated for the last couple of months.

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
50k on 19's is pretty good. Who does your wheel alignment and is it standard or have you got some extra camber or anything ? I get the extra wear on the outside of the rears which is weird, cos its not like i hang the tail out all the time, i drive on straight roads most of the time. Its still doing the same thing after a 4 wheel alignment too.

I haven't actually had a wheel alignment since I bought the car, when I bought it the dealer had the new wheels & tyres fitted and am assuming an alignment at the same time. Assuming I don't have any premature wear between now and when I get new tyres I should get abour 65,000km legally out of the front set, fingers crossed. I'm going to get the front suspension looked at soon though and probably a wheel alignment at the same time, seeing how it hasn't been done for 50,000km. If I had the money spare I know I'd be giving the factory springs and shocks the flick