Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hold onto your money

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Read it in the Carsales website, new Commodore SS (Year 16 model) are coming out in September will have the 6.2 litre LS3 in them. But don't know it will have the 317 kw or 340 kw, or both as Ford XR8's super charged engine has 335 kw. It is said that this will be the last upgrade for the Commodores until production ends in 2017. The dealers will stock up and keep on selling after 2017.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I'm pretty sure most people already knew the MY16 will have the 6.2 in them for months now. I'd imagine they'd have the 317kw on them as that'd put HSV in a bind. Most people will modify them so who cares.

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Yes, hold onto your money and don't buy one.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
yep hate to have a VF series 1 bit like the VT 1 with the 5 Litre once the LS1 came out.

Well that's if 6.2L is true

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Read it in the Carsales website, new Commodore SS (Year 16 model) are coming out in September will have the 6.2 litre LS3 in them. But don't know it will have the 317 kw or 340 kw, or both as Ford XR8's super charged engine has 335 kw. It is said that this will be the last upgrade for the Commodores until production ends in 2017. The dealers will stock up and keep on selling after 2017.

Personally I doubt it will have 317. This is a Holden not a HSV, I don't think it will get a HSV header type exhaust. By all accounts this engine will be in all SS's (SS, SSV and Redline), if it was exclusive to Redline perhaps a higher number might have been on the cards. I'm thinking the Kw figure will still start with a 2. The base Clubsport is currently 325, I think they will still want distinction from HSV power outputs and having Holden with power less than 300 is distinction from HSV. I guess if HSV power is also going up, then maybe more for the SS. Time will tell.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I briefly thought about updating my S1 to a new S2 but on the other hand they're all very end of model build put together by disgruntled employees that are shortly out of a job. I think for the money it would cost I'll just slap an LSA into my ute and call it done.

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
I briefly thought about updating my S1 to a new S2 but on the other hand they're all very end of model build put together by disgruntled employees that are shortly out of a job. I think for the money it would cost I'll just slap an LSA into my ute and call it done.

I said the same thing about disgruntled employees to my local service adviser when my car went back the last time. He asked what i meant so i told him the "issues" from the last 6 months, i only picked mine up 6 months ago.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
I am sure majority of Holden workers are doing a reasonable job, despite the closure of factory in 2017. However some workers will always find excuse for their "bad" workmanships regardless. It is really a draw of luck when buying a brand new vehicle.

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
Maybe the HSV will get the LT1 engine?

That might be nice! Whats the chances?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
i remember reading ford will shut up late 16 due to emissions going to euro 5 or 6

maybe that will decide the last commodore engine specs if they keep going to 17.

remember that the ls1 had to die in 2005 all V8's from 06 were 6L, this was due to emissions