Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden’s new VF Commodore out and about

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Apart from a new look, the 2014 model will get lightweight components – developed with the aid of a $39.8 million federal government Green Car Innovation Fund grant – to reduce fuel consumption by about seven per cent.

god damn, why are people so stupid??? so the car is 7% more fuel efficient, which is nice. did anyone do the math on the carbon emissions porduced while making these alloy panels, as apposed to regular mild steel?

has the ring of an prius to me "so good for the envirnmonet because it used less fuel, but dont take into account the extra emissions used to actually BUILD the thing"

spyman03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh2 carprice v8,statesman v8,TS turbo
Sorry Davy it's a photoshop file it should have opened I'll convert it back to a jpg and post it later on an iPad ATM

Spyman03

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
god damn, why are people so stupid??? so the car is 7% more fuel efficient, which is nice. did anyone do the math on the carbon emissions porduced while making these alloy panels, as apposed to regular mild steel?

has the ring of an prius to me "so good for the envirnmonet because it used less fuel, but dont take into account the extra emissions used to actually BUILD the thing"

I read an article several years ago which had someone from GM saying around 2-3 year payback time (from memory) in emission from fuel saved in using aluminum panels. Don't know how accurate this is but in general I agree with you, people never think of the life cycle emissions of a product and seem to think the emissions start when the first car leaves the dealer. The best think most people can do for the environment is keep on driving their old car as long as its maintained instead of digging up more raw materials and have people update cars every 2 years. Try telling that to a prius driver though

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Sorry Davy it's a photoshop file it should have opened I'll convert it back to a jpg and post it later on an iPad ATM

Spyman03

Thanks, look forward to it..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I read an article several years ago which had someone from GM saying around 2-3 year payback time (from memory) in emission from fuel saved in using aluminum panels. Don't know how accurate this is but in general I agree with you, people never think of the life cycle emissions of a product and seem to think the emissions start when the first car leaves the dealer. The best think most people can do for the environment is keep on driving their old car as long as its maintained instead of digging up more raw materials and have people update cars every 2 years. Try telling that to a prius driver though

2 - 3 year (environmental) payback sounds like reasonable terms to me. I presume that's based on average KM travelled and with the average lifespan of a car being 15(ish?) years there is a lot of dividend. I'd be very interested to see a study based on the averages for a Hybrid though - I think the payback would be way longer than the lifespan of the car in most cases :bang:.

Reaper

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
G'day guys

i'm new to your forums and was doing some work on Vf when i was linked to your posts
just a quik history im the spy guy that has been exposing(oz product) for years here,
and was reading calabers and reapers coments and thought i would releave some of your frustrations with a little pic and some info

the pic was taken on said test run by Mr Devereux's on the day's/week he was here to sign off on VF, he drove a few modles and this one is the SS

due to my investments i will be short on info/pic SORRRY

huge change frount /rear(DERR) more MALIBU than anything GM

i call it the malidore

Dash is part captiva(joysticks)part caddy(BIG screen)

as for tect V's will match CADDY'S for safety systems

their are LEDs on SS and others

Regards spyman03.....

already had photoshop open

VFcommie2.jpg

not really much ...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Pffft - what a waste of time. How about posting the rest of it or GTFO.

Reaper

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Pffft - what a waste of time. How about posting the rest of it GTFO.

Reaper

I know opened the photoshop and thats all there was , just a stupid croped image

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Reap

I don't get your point that the excessive flare of the guards is an essential requirement to accommodate the Zeta platform. The Camaro doesn't have anything like that flaring yet it runs the same basic platform.

I believe there is plenty of capacity to tone down the flares without detriment to the basic chassis dimensions.
One for you sir.

timthumb.php