Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden’s new VF Commodore out and about

spyman03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh2 carprice v8,statesman v8,TS turbo
G'day guys

i'm new to your forums and was doing some work on Vf when i was linked to your posts
just a quik history im the spy guy that has been exposing(oz product) for years here,
and was reading calabers and reapers coments and thought i would releave some of your frustrations with a little pic and some info

the pic was taken on said test run by Mr Devereux's on the day's/week he was here to sign off on VF, he drove a few modles and this one is the SS

due to my investments i will be short on info/pic SORRRY

huge change frount /rear(DERR) more MALIBU than anything GM

i call it the malidore

Dash is part captiva(joysticks)part caddy(BIG screen)

as for tect V's will match CADDY'S for safety systems

their are LEDs on SS and others

Regards spyman03.....

Attachments

• VF commie2.psd
    463.5 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
There has only been 1 such post in this thread and it was about a TT V6. It's been well established that GM have one in the works for quite some time now. It has even been speculated they have 2 in development. No idea one way or the other if either is destined for the Commodore though.

The one thing I will note that whenever the words "no offence" are either written or spoken, some sort of offensive line will follow :).

Reaper

Only reason I posted the comment is because too many people over the last few years have said their 'secret Holden insider' has leaked them details about an upcoming model which have turned out to be totally wrong. The VE was getting a turbo 6, a diesel and various other options we still haven't seen. The VEII was also getting integrated DRLs in the headlights and as yet the only way you can have those is by buying the ghastly aftermarket ones. Even Wheels/Motor publish what they claim are confirmed facts and images which are wrong. This is why I only believe official factory press releases and not 'secret sources'.

Edit: Here is a few examples

(Posted by a long standing forum member in 2006)
'Same goes for the supercharged alloytec. Mooney has once again confirmed that GM is currently organising development of the supercharged alloytec variant, and if GM doesnt do the development, Holden will do it itself.'

And one from Carpoint (http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/200...modore/diesel-commodore-looms-on-horizon-2235) also from 2006
'A high-tech diesel-powered VE Commodore will arrive in Holden showrooms within 12 months'

And this one for lulz

Banned user said:
This is the OFFICIAL bottom line from Holden.

Australia will import the Zeta based Camaro.
Australia will not get a new Monaro.

Last edited:

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Personally, I really don't care if the commodore does get smaller, as long as they don't put tiny little engines in them.
Just look at when the commodore was first released in Aus, it was to be an alternative to the dated kingswoods and all that.
Just gotta move with the times, downsizing is good, less weight = possibility for better everything, except maybe cyclone survival.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Reap

I don't get your point that the excessive flare of the guards is an essential requirement to accommodate the Zeta platform. The Camaro doesn't have anything like that flaring yet it runs the same basic platform.

I believe there is plenty of capacity to tone down the flares without detriment to the basic chassis dimensions.

It's about positioning the wheels relative to the body. Have you seen a Camaro in the flesh?? - they are massive!

Its also the last chance for there to be a new monaro (v8 rwd) in the traditional sense but i feel if they used the name on some little fwd coupe there would be allot of unhappy punters.

As in 2 door??? You have more of a chance with a Camaro in Aus but that's not going to happen either :(

Originally Posted by Reaper
There has only been 1 such post in this thread and it was about a TT V6. It's been well established that GM have one in the works for quite some time now. It has even been speculated they have 2 in development. No idea one way or the other if either is destined for the Commodore though.

The one thing I will note that whenever the words "no offence" are either written or spoken, some sort of offensive line will follow .

Reaper
Only reason I posted the comment is because too many people over the last few years have said their 'secret Holden insider' has leaked them details about an upcoming model which have turned out to be totally wrong. The VE was getting a turbo 6, a diesel and various other options we still haven't seen. The VEII was also getting integrated DRLs in the headlights and as yet the only way you can have those is by buying the ghastly aftermarket ones. Even Wheels/Motor publish what they claim are confirmed facts and images which are wrong. This is why I only believe official factory press releases and not 'secret sources'.

Edit: Here is a few examples

(Posted by a long standing forum member in 2006)
'Same goes for the supercharged alloytec. Mooney has once again confirmed that GM is currently organising development of the supercharged alloytec variant, and if GM doesnt do the development, Holden will do it itself.'

And one from Carpoint (http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2006...n-horizon-2235) also from 2006
'A high-tech diesel-powered VE Commodore will arrive in Holden showrooms within 12 months'

And this one for lulz

Originally Posted by Banned user
This is the OFFICIAL bottom line from Holden.

Australia will import the Zeta based Camaro.
Australia

You really shouldn't be listening even to Holden then until the product is in the showroom. Taking your Camaro quote from above for example - it was announced that the Camaro will come to Australia, as was Caddillac destined for it's own niche brand down here. Unfortunately the GFC happened, GM went broke and things changed thus, not only do we not have the Camaro or Caddillac, but Hummer and SAAB have gone. They are only a few examples of manufacturer confirmed programs that either didn't happen or were substantially changed.

Reaper

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
You really shouldn't be listening even to Holden then until the product is in the showroom. Taking your Camaro quote from above for example - it was announced that the Camaro will come to Australia, as was Caddillac destined for it's own niche brand down here. Unfortunately the GFC happened, GM went broke and things changed thus, not only do we not have the Camaro or Caddillac, but Hummer and SAAB have gone. They are only a few examples of manufacturer confirmed programs that either didn't happen or were substantially changed.

Reaper
Not to mention GM's V12 project :bomb:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's about positioning the wheels relative to the body. Have you seen a Camaro in the flesh?? - they are massive! Reaper

The Camaro has the same basic platform but doesn't have the extreme flares of the VE. Perhaps it's because the bonnet and upper front guards are wider, thus reducing the actual width of the flare, but not the track?

Whatever the case, the overhang on base Commodores looks ridiculous and it's only when you stuff the biggest wheels you can under them that the guards are filled. I think one of the VE's ugliest angles is when you approach one from the rear in multi-laned traffic and you see this huge piece of mudguard protruding way out past the front wheels. It reminds me of the HD and HR, both of which had large overhangs and narrow wheels.

I don't gamble, but I am pretty certain those flares are going to be toned down on the VF, even if only slightly, or new front guard pressings will be introduced which maintain the overall width of the body, but reduce the actual width of the flares.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
G'day guys

i'm new to your forums and was doing some work on Vf when i was linked to your posts
just a quik history im the spy guy that has been exposing(oz product) for years here,
and was reading calabers and reapers coments and thought i would releave some of your frustrations with a little pic and some info

the pic was taken on said test run by Mr Devereux's on the day's/week he was here to sign off on VF, he drove a few modles and this one is the SS

due to my investments i will be short on info/pic SORRRY

huge change frount /rear(DERR) more MALIBU than anything GM

i call it the malidore

Dash is part captiva(joysticks)part caddy(BIG screen)

as for tect V's will match CADDY'S for safety systems

their are LEDs on SS and others

Regards spyman03.....

Care to post that pic / file up in another format that we can open?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The Camaro has the same basic platform but doesn't have the extreme flares of the VE. Perhaps it's because the bonnet and upper front guards are wider, thus reducing the actual width of the flare, but not the track?

That is because the body is larger thus the wheels don't stick out as far (relatively speaking)

Whatever the case, the overhang on base Commodores looks ridiculous and it's only when you stuff the biggest wheels you can under them that the guards are filled. I think one of the VE's ugliest angles is when you approach one from the rear in multi-laned traffic and you see this huge piece of mudguard protruding way out past the front wheels. It reminds me of the HD and HR, both of which had large overhangs and narrow wheels.

I don't gamble, but I am pretty certain those flares are going to be toned down on the VF, even if only slightly, or new front guard pressings will be introduced which maintain the overall width of the body, but reduce the actual width of the flares.

Dunno - we will see. They might do something to disguise them - time will tell :)

Reaper