Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden are super desperate these days

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
For 1 their Silverado is a great car for the price in the USA! Just a bad car here for the price... I’m putting my hopes into Ford these days sad to say but they already provide RHD from factory so looking forward to their future offerings.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
My dealer used to contact me every year around the same time, they are no longer in business so not this year, however it's not confined to Holden. I get spammed from my old gym, podiatrist, dentist along with various other Companies I have bought from.

not uncommon when you Google search either , inundated with unsolicited emails and search suggestions , I'm considering searching for hemorrhoid medication , just to see happens next time check my inbox .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
A couple of their models are questionable, but a few are quite good - Astra, Colorado and yes even ZB is a very good car
in it's own right. Every one has the right to an opinion, but to label them all as rubbish is a little bit close-minded.

Australian built commodores are gone. Yes, Holden delivered some great local cars over the years - but it's over. We either
give the new breed a genuine, fair chance to impress (I think they deserve that), or we potentially watch our favourite car
brand go down the gurgler. Holden certainly has some bridges to rebuild with customers, but I think they deserve a bit of
a go to get things right.

Do we really want to see the whole brand gone......??

quite right , purists are not happy , but if they were purist's as they claim , they'd like the ZB , I do , I think its nice looking car and drivers well too , and I've had nothing but excellent service from my Holden dealer , with whom I've dealt with for 16 years .

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Mein Gott ! Put a Holden Calais badge on a Cadillac …….

Not a possibility. It would be like putting Cadillac badges on a Holden Camira.

Which the Yanks did. Called it the Cimarron. It flopped.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I disagree re your Astra comment. Cruze was a pile of crap. We own an Astra and it's a cracking good car. Bloody brilliant little car actually.
There are two Astras and they are quite different in quality and dynamics. The two door is a Euro, the 4 door is the actual Cruze replacement. From the reports I read, the 2 door is well engineered and delightful to drive. The 4 door isn't in the same class.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There are two Astras and they are quite different in quality and dynamics. The two door is a Euro, the 4 door is the actual Cruze replacement. From the reports I read, the 2 door is well engineered and delightful to drive. The 4 door isn't in the same class.
It’s the hatch, 2dr or 4dr, that’s designed/built/tuned by Opel where the sedan is tuned/built by Daewoo.
The one I drove was in Europe, admittedly a wagon; but the (low rent) interior trim & NVH & switchgear quality etc would be the same as other European-market Astras.

For 1 their Silverado is a great car for the price in the USA! Just a bad car here for the price...
It’s only expensive here at the moment because it needs one-at-a-time conversion, ie. not made in RHD.
They’re really not that cheap there though, you’re looking at more than top-of-the-range Japanes ute money, and while they probably suit some businesses well (carrying big things around), driving one is like having a well-built UFC winner repeatedly kicking you in the testicles.
Suburbans were cheaper than Landbruisers, yet nobody wanted those here ‘cos they were so archaic.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
It’s the hatch, 2dr or 4dr, that’s designed/built/tuned by Opel where the sedan is tuned/built by Daewoo.
The one I drove was in Europe, admittedly a wagon; but the (low rent) interior trim & NVH & switchgear quality etc would be the same as other European-market Astras.

It’s only expensive here at the moment because it needs one-at-a-time conversion, ie. not made in RHD.
They’re really not that cheap there though, you’re looking at more than top-of-the-range Japanes ute money, and while they probably suit some businesses well (carrying big things around), driving one is like having a well-built UFC winner repeatedly kicking you in the testicles.
Suburbans were cheaper than Landbruisers, yet nobody wanted those here ‘cos they were so archaic.
50k for a 6.6L turbo deisel 300+ kw that’s awesome

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
OK, but that’s about $65k here, it drinks diesel faster than any Japanese petrol ute, driving it’s like driving a 1982 Hilux, it doesn’t fit anywhere, and despite the power figure commercial diesels don’t change revs very quickly & it weighs 3 tonnes so it’s no quicker than a Hilux.

There will be road bullies who buy them because they’re threatening, but nobody else would bother.