Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I was already logged in and just hit F5 twice at 11:30am (Adelaide time) screen popped up, was after #7 as first choice, saw 0007 and hit the button. Reckon I was done in 3 sec flat.

I didn't really scroll or look at other numbers, but notice 1&5 were already gone or not available for MSE.

So I guess I must of been one of the very first ones to get a number.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I was already logged in and just hit F5 twice at 11:30am (Adelaide time) screen popped up, was after #7 as first choice, saw 0007 and hit the button. Reckon I was done in 3 sec flat.

I didn't really scroll or look at other numbers, but notice 1&5 were already gone or not available for MSE.

So I guess I must of been one of the very first ones to get a number.
Yeah, probs. I did the same. But had to scroll to 161. It was gone. By the time I scrolled back up, about half were gone. I dunno, might have been 15-20 seconds. I was keeping my eye out for derivations of 05. Bloody lucky in the end.

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
I had a few numbers in mind, until one night I was flicking thru YouTube watching videos of past Bathurst races. Watching the highlights of the 1972 Bathurst and then thought number 28.......the Torana XU-1 that the great man drove to win his first Bathurst race..
thEMX26836.jpg

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Here they come!!! The first 3 Motorsports down the line. These are for 3 high profile Holden Customers and they have build numbers 16,17 & 23 allocated to them.

Thanks again, Super Coach!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a few numbers in mind, until one night I was flicking thru YouTube watching videos of past Bathurst races. Watching the highlights of the 1972 Bathurst and then thought number 28.......the Torana XU-1 that the great man drove to win his first Bathurst race..View attachment 191762
Nice one Mate!

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Yeah, probs. I did the same. But had to scroll to 161. It was gone. By the time I scrolled back up, about half were gone. I dunno, might have been 15-20 seconds. I was keeping my eye out for derivations of 05. Bloody lucky in the end.
I had no real preferences. I thought about 350 given my belief last year that Holden was going to designated the MSE the "Bathurst 350", but that was gone by time I arrived. I thought about Mopar-related numbers, but thought that to be a bit disrespectful. In the end, after 30 seconds of further consideration, during which I saw numbers vanishing like bubbles in a beer, I decided to go for something in the first 100 since my car will be in the last 100 built (I'm guessing based on a predicted October 12 build date) - so my Nitrate MSE is car 44. It reminds me of my 440ci Mopars that I've loved for years, and strangely, I've just always liked that number.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had no real preferences. I thought about 350 given my belief last year that Holden was going to designated the MSE the "Bathurst 350", but that was gone by time I arrived. I thought about Mopar-related numbers, but thought that to be a bit disrespectful. In the end, after 30 seconds of further consideration, during which I saw numbers vanishing like bubbles in a beer, I decided to go for something in the first 100 since my car will be in the last 100 built (I'm guessing based on a predicted October 12 build date) - so my Nitrate MSE is car 44. It reminds me of my 440ci Mopars that I've loved for years, and strangely, I've just always liked that number.
Shame it's not a Magnum. Haha.
Everyone has a story hey. For those of us who keep them long term (I reckon the majority), we'll be reminded of this everytime we look at the build number. So, the story becomes part of the car. It's a story I'll enjoy telling too. To anyone who's interested. That's why I'm so grateful to Holden, for giving us all this opportunity.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi ProfMopar, I was in a similar situation re what to pick, just as well as I got dragged into a meeting at 11.40 I wasn't meant to attend but couldn't get out of, Fruck!!! 1.30 I got back to my desk and onto the site. Yep, if its going to happen its going to happen to me. Oh, did I mention Fruck. Just as well I didn't have a number I was dead-set on. Well done to all those who did and were successful. There was something else I was going to mention, that's right, Fruck.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Shame it's not a Magnum. Haha.
Everyone has a story hey. For those of us who keep them long term (I reckon the majority), we'll be reminded of this everytime we look at the build number. So, the story becomes part of the car. It's a story I'll enjoy telling too. To anyone who's interested. That's why I'm so grateful to Holden, for giving us all this opportunity.
G'day Cuda, not really a story I'm so keen to remember but as I mentioned, not really devastated either. Just typical bad timing:(