Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
They can start by updating the LCT Threshold to 2017 levels... Their quote sheet has the 15-16 amount FFS.
https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/luxury-car-tax-rate-and-thresholds/

Your LCT value is $67,944.50 which is $3,812.5 above the LCT threshold of $64,132.

Your LCT value should be 33% of the non-gst amount above the threshold... ie;
(3812.5 / 1.1 (to elimintate GST)) * .33
=1,144
actually, it's spot on.
Total BS. Some dealers have NFI. One said he was preparing contracts for $63,990 drive away for the director. I couldn't get there fast enough! he called me in the parking lot to say he spoke to his manager and it was actually $70,220. Based on Supercoach's quote, they're charging $2,500 DD in that (auto in director is $2,200 extra at $63,990 base)

SC you should point out to your dealer that the car wont be purchased until FY 17-18 and the LCT threshold will go up. Or does it go by contract date?... interesting.

As for the topic of this thread, I was quoted as per below from two dealers 20km apart;

$77,000 drive away for director (he called back to confirm the price was not negotiable)
$70,220 drive away for the director (he said price was firm and that if I didn't buy it, someone else would)

Hey mate, how do you work out the LCT threshold for next financial year? My car is quoted as being June 2017 delivered hence the LCT threshold of $64,132, if I bump my order to next Financial Year I will be saving $143.40 if I dont add anything else to the order?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Just did a ring around to 5 other local dealers.
Only 1 had a manual MSE left, pricing at $71,800 so put $2k down as a deposit straight away, will finish paperwork tomorrow.
Every dealer I called said they had sold their manual MSE allocations for $71k.
That means my original dealer selling theirs for $73,500 is the most expensive.
Soon as the paper quote comes through via email I'm calling the original dealer to cancel my allocation and get my deposit back.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Just did a ring around to 5 other local dealers.
Only 1 had a manual MSE left, pricing at $71,800 so put $2k down as a deposit straight away, will finish paperwork tomorrow.
Every dealer I called said they had sold their manual MSE allocations for $71k.
That means my original dealer selling theirs for $73,500 is the most expensive.
Soon as the paper quote comes through via email I'm calling the original dealer to cancel my allocation and get my deposit back.
sounds like a good outcome, do most dealers charge more for DD in Victoria because they have to factor in the freight from the factory at Elizabeth? The most a dealer has ever tried to charge for DD in Adelaide was $2,000.

Hope it all works out for you.

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
I have an existing deposit for a motorsport edition full refundable based on drive away price and spec.
The dealer called me yesterday and told me the DA price is $68940 for MSE manual no extra options.
I think this already includes a dealer delivery charge of $2000 - $2500. I have not got the breakdown yet.
we agreed verbally at that price and agreed to sign the contract next week.
Looks like I would have to sign the contract ASAP to lock in the price.
I also called another dealer to check the prices and would not even give ma a price stating its all allocated and DA prices are above 70K.
I still cant believe people are ready to pay 5K as dealer delivery charges.
If my dealer increases the price I am walking away!...

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I have an existing deposit for a motorsport edition full refundable based on drive away price and spec.
The dealer called me yesterday and told me the DA price is $68940 for MSE manual no extra options.
I think this already includes a dealer delivery charge of $2000 - $2500. I have not got the breakdown yet.
we agreed verbally at that price and agreed to sign the contract next week.
Looks like I would have to sign the contract ASAP to lock in the price.
I also called another dealer to check the prices and would not even give ma a price stating its all allocated and DA prices are above 70K.
I still cant believe people are ready to pay 5K as dealer delivery charges.
If my dealer increases the price I am walking away!...

$69k DA is amazing, I've got confirmation from 6 dealers in Melb now all sold/selling MSE for $71k-$72k.
I'd suggest you take the deal, you're $2.5k better off than I am and that's after I had to mess around for hours (add $500 for spoiler for me)

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
My god those prices are straight out ripoffs. If you have a MY16 redline say with that because those prices are near HSV prices. The only good thing about those editions are the seats nothing more tbh!

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Apparently ferntree holden has 12 MSE available

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
$73,933 d/a for director here is SA, yes my backside hurts a bit but impossible to find another one, the dealer knows it, has 4 people lining up right behind me ready to pay at least that, a couple of grand extra over the next few years is nothing, we aren't buying these cars as a financial investment, we are buying these cars to salute the end of an era.
Yes it's new dealer stock LSA money, but I'm a Holden man, not hsv. HSV, I just don't want one
We we don't want to do is tell each other how we are getting ripped off, and what else we could buy, let's support each other and enjoy our cars without post purchase over analysis