Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
You can get black mirror covers, e.g. https://jhp.com.au/shop/exterior-accessories/vevf-black-mirror-covers/
I agree, I hate the red mirrors and would get these black mirror covers if I had them on my MSE.
Personal taste EternityDre, I think its one of those things where you need to see the car in the flesh/metal. I think the red highlights lifts the Nitrate and the three colour combo works well, a bit different from the usual colour + black, but that's just my opinion. Really happy with the way it presents and as gla has stated, should look fab when he sees it personally.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Awesome gla. Just awesome.
I can't wait to hear a review on what it feels like to drive.
Congratulations!!!

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Personal taste EternityDre, I think its one of those things where you need to see the car in the flesh/metal. I think the red highlights lifts the Nitrate and the three colour combo works well, a bit different from the usual colour + black, but that's just my opinion. Really happy with the way it presents and as gla has stated, should look fab when he sees it personally.

Mate I 100% agree with you. Each to their own and whatever makes you happy :)
I really wanted a white MSE before I saw the car. Once I saw it, I think it looks great from the side and the back but I don't like the front, I personally find the 3 colours too much and find the red mirrors and red fog light inserts gaudy and too busy. After seeing it I changed to red because to me, I find red with black out and black decals easier to deal with. At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion and whatever makes you happy is all that counts :)

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Sneak preview from the dealer. I'll try and post some on the drive home tomorrow.
Hey Gla! Bloody beautiful, mate! Greatly appreciated putting those images up so quickly. I think it is clear, Nitrate with the red and black works, and it works well. Just you wait till you see it under the streetlights at night...schmick!!

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
I think I'm with you on this, Martin, the red mirror scalps will look really good in the sunshine. Still, right from the beginning I wondered about changing them, and the DRL surrounds, to black. They're relatively cheap and you can keep the original all wrapped up in cotton wool....probably be worth a fortune on Ebay in 40 years. Nonetheless, this is something that cannot be judged until one sees the car live, in different lighting settings. I suspect I won't be changing anything at all, except the fitment of a centre aerial and a set of Dragways....ha!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Nup, I saw it on the truck, saw it in the PD yard and I saw it in the showroom and the red highlights just look so awesome on the white.

Can't wait to catch up with gla tomorrow and get some photos of our Nitrate Silver and Heron White together. Both with exactly the same options.

Another sleepless night for me.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Nup, I saw it on the truck, saw it in the PD yard and I saw it in the showroom and the red highlights just look so awesome on the white.

Can't wait to catch up with gla tomorrow and get some photos of our Nitrate Silver and Heron White together. Both with exactly the same options.

Another sleepless night for me.

Gee that does look good SC, any further info on the gear shift, is it any different to a Redline?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I think I'm with you on this, Martin, the red mirror scalps will look really good in the sunshine. Still, right from the beginning I wondered about changing them, and the DRL surrounds, to black. They're relatively cheap and you can keep the original all wrapped up in cotton wool....probably be worth a fortune on Ebay in 40 years. Nonetheless, this is something that cannot be judged until one sees the car live, in different lighting settings. I suspect I won't be changing anything at all, except the fitment of a centre aerial and a set of Dragways....ha!
G'Day Professor, I thought about removing the hood stripes and changing the mirror scalpes at first but now I think they look great, suppose I've got use to them to some extent. To me Nitrate can look a bit dull/monochrome'ish (if you know what I mean), but add some slashes of red here and there and I reckon it really lifts it. Like you and many others have rightfully pointed out though, you really need to see them first hand to make a decision on what works for you. Like you though, I don't think I'll be changing anything either except maybe the power decal, again I'll need to see it first.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
reminds me of fords sticker pack car.

974bed9116f02aef92df3ebf42c9d18f.jpg

2017-Holden-Commodore-Motorsport-Magnum-Director-49.jpg

galleryLandscape-gtucas-ImageCut-5-1151x768.jpg