Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Tint almost done, looks so much better already..
19388687_10209759159957771_6630796999694199306_o.jpg

macman

Reaction score
Members Ride
MotorSport
Looking really great EternityDre, lots more privacy and protection from UV. I am looking to get tint but unable to pin down a good fitter and reasonable (not cheap) cost. Some are very cheap and don't have a good reputation. I want a reasonable cost with a professional job. If you are happy with your tint, as I expect you are with the photo, then I have 4 questions...
1. Name of tint?
2. Who fitted the tint?
3. Cost?
4. The guy I am considering actually takes off the interior door trim to complete tint on the side windows, was this done on your car?

Last edited:

macman

Reaction score
Members Ride
MotorSport
Has anyone looked into GPS Tracking for their LE's and actually been given a price?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Looking really great EternityDre, lots more privacy and protection from UV. I am looking to get tint but unable to pin down a good fitter and reasonable (not cheap) cost. Some are very cheap and don't have a good reputation. I want a reasonable cost with a professional job. If you are happy with your tint, as I expect you are with the photo, then I have 4 questions...
1. Name of tint?
2. Who fitted the tint?
3. Cost?
4. The guy I am considering actually takes off the interior door trim to complete tint on the side windows, was this done on your car?

1) Charcool by Madico. More details on the site but its designed for cars with GPS and other tech that needs a signal.
2) http://www.cartint.net.au/
3) $450
4) Yes it was, you need to in order to get the full windows done

If you're in Melbourne Rob is highly recommended, has been around a long time and did Holden's own show cars in the Holden HQ museum.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Rob Tait. Good bloke and knows his stuff. He still banging on about tinting the Holden showcars lol..

Stroker1

Reaction score
Members Ride
M12VE
Anyone know when the Magnum Utes are scheduled to go down the production line?

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Has anyone looked into GPS Tracking for their LE's and actually been given a price?
I've looked a bit at the M-PROTEKT kit through the dealership , there are a couple of options with it , you can locate it with an app when you want or have live GPS monitoring, not sure of price , still negotiating , but I believe the first option is around 8-$900

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
So just got the MSE back following a detail/paint correction, 2 layers of Opticoat+ in addition to rim and interior protection. The lines just pop and light reflects so nicely. Will get better photos in full sun once the tint is done

View attachment 193042 View attachment 193043 View attachment 193044 View attachment 193045 View attachment 193046 View attachment 193047

Looks superb mate. The Opticoat is well worth it and you chose the right man for the job.