Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah I Agree, it sounds confusing. But it does say something about ESP, torque vectoring and throttle response or similar. I assume it changes the way the throttle body butterfly opens, fuel delivery etc?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yeah I Agree, it sounds confusing. But it does say something about ESP, torque vectoring and throttle response or similar. I assume it changes the way the throttle body butterfly opens, fuel delivery etc?
See! Thank you for demonstrating.
No, ESP software does not enhance engine performance, it networks with both passive and active vehicle dynamics systems in the areas of steering, powertrain, and chassis to influence vehicle handling.
All zeta models already have Bosch Dynamic Wheel Torque Control by Brake (DWT-B), torque vectoring is the common term for additional networking of active suspension data (from MRC) to become DWT + ESP (DWT-E).

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Anyone here getting The Director? I've been keeping an eye out for them on the road but nothing :(

Alchemistry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, VF Calais V, VF II Director
Anyone here getting The Director? I've been keeping an eye out for them on the road but nothing :(
Hi Red Lion: I have a Director on order and the production date is 31 August with delivery for 8th September. Unlikely to see any on the road for a while.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
See! Thank you for demonstrating.
No, ESP software does not enhance engine performance, it networks with both passive and active vehicle dynamics systems in the areas of steering, powertrain, and chassis to influence vehicle handling.
All zeta models already have Bosch Dynamic Wheel Torque Control by Brake (DWT-B), torque vectoring is the common term for additional networking of active suspension data (from MRC) to become DWT + ESP (DWT-E).
Nope. I didn't demonstrate what you thought. Of course ESP doesn't affect engine performance. :confused: It can affect vehicle performance though. I included it above, because it was in the same sentence in the vid. Tq control via timing and fuel, not just brakes at the wheel. So in track mode, it's balls out re timing, throttle butterfly and fuelling, for more spirited performance. That's what I'm assuming Monzy. What say you?

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Same here Red Lion , production date 29th August , delivery 4th Sept , don't believe they start building them till August from what I've seen .
Does anyone have any earlier dates ?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Nope. I didn't demonstrate what you thought. Of course ESP doesn't affect engine performance. :confused: It can affect vehicle performance though. I included it above, because it was in the same sentence in the vid. Tq control via timing and fuel, not just brakes at the wheel. So in track mode, it's balls out re timing, throttle butterfly and fuelling, for more spirited performance. That's what I'm assuming Monzy. What say you?
G'Day Cuda, I think we all no there is no change to engine performance regardless of the driver mode. In track mode I expect the throttle body butterfly responds at a different rate to the accelorator position so it becomes more responsive/touchy, maybe WOT at 3/4 accelorator travel. Torque vectoring I would expect is through the traction control in that when taking a RH turn (for example) the brake is applied to the rear RH wheel directing more torque to the outside wheel which would aid turn-in through the corner. I would imagine there would be alot of tuning required to get this to work well because as you know its intention is for track use as an aid at the limits of traction, at this point small adjustments can make a big difference. Without knowing all the acronyms that goes with the systems the Redline has onboard, that's my basic take on it as a relative dumb farkero_O

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Sure! My idea of performance is not limiting torque but yeah it does reduce engine output in a programmed manner to greater gain. Actual performance (reduction or otherwise) has nothing to do with an intervention of the knob position to normal operation of the exhaust valves as at 1:24. My point was this dumbing down and using incorrect term that means something else related to engine operation introduces confusion that performance is enhanced by the knob affecting the (engine) exhaust valves, vs exhaust note control valves.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
G'Day Cuda, I think we all no there is no change to engine performance regardless of the driver mode. In track mode I expect the throttle body butterfly responds at a different rate to the accelorator position so it becomes more responsive/touchy, maybe WOT at 3/4 accelorator travel. Torque vectoring I would expect is through the traction control in that when taking a RH turn (for example) the brake is applied to the rear RH wheel directing more torque to the outside wheel which would aid turn-in through the corner. I would imagine there would be alot of tuning required to get this to work well because as you know its intention is for track use as an aid at the limits of traction, at this point small adjustments can make a big difference. Without knowing all the acronyms that goes with the systems the Redline has onboard, that's my basic take on it as a relative dumb farkero_O
No you got it in a nutshell I think. Worth underlining that torque vectoring per usual definition of independent wheel braking as you mention above (DWT-B) is already in place with all Zeta chassis. The actual torque vectoring upgrade with MRC differs in that the ESP talks to the suspension as well (DWT-E). So does it more and with a new suite of dynamics.