Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE... (TBA)
Interesting.. I thought LCT was calculate on the price of the car + all onroads (incl dealer delivery)

LCT is calculated on vehicle purchase price inc. GST (inc. accessories etc.) + dealer delivery charge. It does not include: rego, CTP, stamp duty.
I have a strong case for NIL dealer delivery charge for a vehicle with NOPD option..? Dealer delivery is a rort. AND this does NOT include transport cost of vehicle to dealership, this is covered by Holden!

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
LCT is calculated on vehicle purchase price inc. GST (inc. accessories etc.) + dealer delivery charge. It does not include: rego, CTP, stamp duty.
I have a strong case for NIL dealer delivery charge for a vehicle with NOPD option..? Dealer delivery is a rort. AND this does NOT include transport cost of vehicle to dealership, this is covered by Holden!
It's just a flat out cash grab.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
And of course there is $0 LCT on the Magnum... just another reason to go with a ute(rus).

That is what I have agreed with my dealer, all non factory options at a later date and also spoke to the accountant about the LCT and he is confident that as the car will be delivered in the next financial year the LCT threshold will be adjusted to the new threshold which means the LCT will be less.....

mxp_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Searching ....
Your accountant is correct.

Guessing dealers will need to be told to update their invoices to reflect and LCT reductions?

Or will it just be "forgotten" I wonder ?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Guessing dealers will need to be told to update their invoices to reflect and LCT reductions?

Or will it just be "forgotten" I wonder ?
It's probably going to vary from dealer to dealer. But mine is happy to add the dealer installed options after calculating LCT.
Can't hurt to ask.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
What colour has everyone gone for on their MSE? Im now tossing up colour again. I like spitfire green but then after awhile im not so liking it and i also like white because of the red highlights, but then it seems most VF I see are white, which is kinda boring and it all looks the same. I dislike the black plastic mirror caps on spitfire green along with the grey theme decals. I dislike white because it isnt metalic and it seems everyone has that colour. Its not very stand out, but the red does highlight it as being a MSE where as the spitfire looks like a MY17 Redline.

Just looking for others thoughts opinions

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
White is the best in highlighting the red insets and black roof. I did not go with white since it was non metallic. My current car is silver with black roof. I did not want another car of similar colour so I went with black and I also like black. I did not like the other colours.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
What colour has everyone gone for on their MSE? Im now tossing up colour again. I like spitfire green but then after awhile im not so liking it and i also like white because of the red highlights, but then it seems most VF I see are white, which is kinda boring and it all looks the same. I dislike the black plastic mirror caps on spitfire green along with the grey theme decals. I dislike white because it isnt metalic and it seems everyone has that colour. Its not very stand out, but the red does highlight it as being a MSE where as the spitfire looks like a MY17 Redline.

Just looking for others thoughts opinions
I'm struggling too SC. I was set on red. Now spitfire. I like it a lot. Very ostentatious but it's the hero colour. I have always loved the similar colours with blackouts on HQ Monaros and Toranas. Lina, Lettuce Alone.
White is too bland and common. Despite red highlights.
Black is...well black. With no chrome? Nah.
SOAG...a great BMW 435i colour.
Nitrate...too "VE SS" for me.
So it's green or red for me. If I'm objective, red is probably the more sensible choice. More classic beauty in it. Spitfire is all impact. Wow, check me out. I'm a muscle car an MSE you know! Haha.
So green for now. But I need to see one. Badly. Because some colours kick it in photos, but are too much in the flesh.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Red for my MSE. Was set on white before I saw it but I don't like the red highlights. In my opinion, the black highlights on the red car look better. Plus, the red paint matches the interior stitching and trim. I have a red VE now so it kinda feels like upgrading to my car's big brother :)

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Colour choice is a hard one, especially for a car your possibly going to keep for ever so you have to be happy. But in the end i think all of them look good, depends on your mood of the day. And you will always like the colour you don't have...
That said if LMF was in a limited edition it would have been a no brainer for us. But after seeing a LMF in the flesh and a SOAG, they both have that awesome metallic sparkle in the sun, are a unique MY17 colour and we like the look of both equally, so we are 99% sure our director will be SOAG. The other thing is we have less choice than ME buyers so choices are more limited, this can be a good thing :)
I quite like bold colours, i own a March 17th XU1 so would have no problem in owning another bold colour, if thats your thing.