Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Doesn't car collecting history show that manual cars are always worth more then their automatic transmission equivalents?
Yeah. But this is new and the auto's were dearer.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Still, a better buy than a more exe BMW or Audi etc. Here's why, give it a few years and they're worthless. If you can't afford a new one, you can't afford a used one!View attachment 199893 View attachment 199894

Point taken but that is a real bread and butter Audi you've chosen to highlight compared to some of their fancier performance models and unless it's a limited run like the MSE most cars will depreciate for a long time before leveling out and then possibly increase if they fall within the desired category for collectors.

The MSE's will only ever have appeal here and even they won't compete with models like the W1 or reach the dizzy heights on the world stage like some European cars do.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Yeah. But this is new and the auto's were dearer.

That means nothing after the initial purchase as a collector would be looking for the manual if it was available as an option as it's still considered the Holy Grail for a performance vehicle .

The M4/M3 comes with the auto as the stock trans and even though it may be straight line faster than the manual version I was reading recently if collectability is your game you'd be doing yourself a favour by grabbing the at no extra cost manual option as they'll be rarer, more track focused and considered as more engaging for drivers which would influence future collectors.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Point taken but that is a real bread and butter Audi you've chosen to highlight compared to some of their fancier performance models and unless it's a limited run like the MSE most cars will depreciate for a long time before leveling out and then possibly increase if they fall within the desired category for collectors.

The MSE's will only ever have appeal here and even they won't compete with models like the W1 or reach the dizzy heights on the world stage like some European cars do.
Yeah, I only used that one and posted, as I saw it today and took the pics. It demonstrates a good point though. Is it really a bread and butter Audi? I'm no expert. What would it have been new, $150k?
Actually, looking on Carsales it sounds like a bit of a bargain...
Of course an MSE will never be worth similar to a W1! The W1 is rarer, has amazing driveline and cost 3x as much. Nor a PH3, see one sold today? For $1.03m and an A9X hatch for $500k. As others have said, homologation specials have a unique alure. But, even Plane Jane Monaro's, Torana's Falcons and Chargers bring big $ these days. Why? Because they're desirable and in short supply. The same will happen to VE's and VF's one day.
But, the fact remains, big $ Euro's suffer seriously from rapid depreciation. Plus if you buy one, you better have an open cheque book when things start to go wrong. As they inevitably do on such cars. The opposite is true for the Aussie made cars.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
That means nothing after the initial purchase as a collector would be looking for the manual if it was available as an option as it's still considered the Holy Grail for a performance vehicle .

The M4/M3 comes with the auto as the stock trans and even though it may be straight line faster than the manual version I was reading recently if collectability is your game you'd be doing yourself a favour by grabbing the at no extra cost manual option as they'll be rarer, more track focused and considered as more engaging for drivers which would influence future collectors.
Totally agree.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
And a Magnum is rarer than a W1!:D
Hey! You cut my sentence off at a comma. That's engineering a different context! ;)
Yeah it's rarer. But it's cheaper too. Haha. It's not all about supply though. There's also less demand for utes. It's all relative mate. :p

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey! You cut my sentence off at a comma. That's engineering a different context! ;)
Yeah it's rarer. But it's cheaper too. Haha. It's not all about supply though. There's also less demand for utes. It's all relative mate. :p
There's NO demand for utes anymore, they've all been sold, bar a few GTSR Maloos...

The end of a unique Aussie vehicle...:(

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
There's NO demand for utes anymore, they've all been sold, bar a few GTSR Maloos...

The end of a unique Aussie vehicle...:(
Unless you consider girlie trucks utes?
Yeah sad.:(:mad:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Unless you consider girlie trucks utes?
Yeah sad.:(:mad:
Cant call them utes....
Light weight pick up trucks?