Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

mxp_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Searching ....
Great thread guys, lots of excellent info here.

Apologies for the newbie question, but how is availability of the MSE's in Melb?
Made a few calls and not having a lot of luck.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon

Apologies for the newbie question, but how is availability of the MSE's in Melb?
Ring peter kittle Holden in port adelaide, speak to Reuben, they have 1 auto and 1 manual MSE left, under 70k da

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Come to Adelaide a few left at decent prices

Matphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
Hi Guys, great thread.

I ordered my MSE last week...happy as a pig in mud.

Unfortunately, Dealer Delivery was a ridiculous $3990! (Seems to be the average "gouge").
However, my mate who got an SSV-R THE NEXT DAY from the same dealer in NSW was only charged $2500!
How is this right or even legal?

Wondering what ACCC or Fair Trading can do about it?

I'm interested to see what others are being charged for DD and if it's worth a complaint to Fair Trading?
(or is that the quickest way to lose an MSE order - "Sorry sir, we couldn't get your allocation...here's a Barina instead")!

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Hi Guys, great thread.

Unfortunately, Dealer Delivery was a ridiculous $3990! (Seems to be the average "gouge").
However, my mate who got an SSV-R THE NEXT DAY from the same dealer in NSW was only charged $2500!

I'm interested to see what others are being charged for DD and if it's worth a complaint to Fair Trading?
(or is that the quickest way to lose an MSE order - "Sorry sir, we couldn't get your allocation...here's a Barina instead")!

What ACL laws do you believe are being broken by the dealers?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi Guys, great thread.

Holden didnt set a price cap on DD for 2017, but that hasnt stopped Holden PR doing an article advising dealers to be sensible. You could ring up ACCC or local consumer affairs and ask if you have a leg to stand on. I know people went boonta at Holden when they decided to release another 400 CV8Z's and people went to ACCC.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/518468/...orsport-director-and-magnum-special-editions/

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi Guys, great thread.

ACCC / Fair Trading would not be interested.

The dealer told you up front what the DD was and you accepted it by signing the contract. They can charge you whatever they like. Is it ethical ? Maybe not. Is it capitalism ? Absolutely.

If the contract had one number in it and come delivery day they tried to charge you a higher number, that would be a different story.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Dunno. Just fishing for anyone with more knowledge than me.
Hi Guys, great thread.

What was your driveaway price excluding options? Is it manual or auto?

Matphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
What was your driveaway price excluding options? Is it manual or auto?
Driveaway (Inc paint and big wing, DD, LCT, stamp duty, rego, TPI) about $74000 auto.

Last edited: