Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
I just stumbled across this article: http://www.caradvice.com.au/518468/...orsport-director-and-magnum-special-editions/
Seems to be a toothless response to the issue from Holden. Has anyone come across quotes at the $$ mentioned? I personally didn't experience too much price gouging on an MSE.

One dealer in Melbourne quoted $80,000 for MSE. They were not ready not move on price at all. Despite having deposits with two Melbourne dealers I ended up booking the car from Adelaide as it was cheaper.

73XU1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awaiting.......
What colour has everyone gone for on their MSE? Im now tossing up colour again.
........ but the red does highlight it as being a MSE where as the spitfire looks like a MY17 Redline.

Just looking for others thoughts opinions

On the 19th Jan, I reluctantly went for RED on my MSE order and thought to myself at least I saved $500 over other colours that I may regret later.
Well I'm so looking forward to my RED now because it now seems to me that RED is the hero colour or the instant identified colour of MSE, and i feel it will be timeless.
My only beef with it now, it looks too much like / or confused with a Lowndes from a distance at quick glance (or maybe the other way round), especially since I ordered mine the large rear wing.

Also, the Biante MSE model they supply is RED so it goes with the "minime" theme for the car you purchased if that means anything to you.

I went to Holden Headquarters last week in the hope to see them in the flesh but they are no longer there. The guy in the Holden prototypes display room told me that the "RED" car was very nice before I even said anything, that's twice or three times I've heard that.

Now I have not regrets on RED choice for MSE and just look forward to June/July in seeing my RED delivered car as the first one I ever see in the flesh.

Other colours, I now feel that at first quick glance it may be identified as a Redline to the uneducated.

BTW, $70,100 Drive Away, MSE, Auto, Big Wing, Red, deal done on 19th Jan - $1000 down, Sydney Dealer, customer off the street.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
One dealer in Melbourne quoted $80,000 for MSE. They were not ready not move on price at all. Despite having deposits with two Melbourne dealers I ended up booking the car from Adelaide as it was cheaper.

Transferring this from another thread.
There are now a few of us Melbournians who have purchased Limited Editions from Adelaide. My understanding is that you arrange a 3 day permit from the SA government that allows you to drive it back to Melbourne. You need to book in an appointment at Vic Roads and pay the rego and stamp duty ($4,300 or so) and pick up the plates. Job done!
Is this correct and has anyone gone through the process before?

vkcala

Reaction score
Members Ride
searching for vk
I just stumbled across this article: http://www.caradvice.com.au/518468/...orsport-director-and-magnum-special-editions/
Seems to be a toothless response to the issue from Holden. Has anyone come across quotes at the $$ mentioned? I personally didn't experience too much price gouging on an MSE.

At what price would you be interested?

Regards,

Patrick Damen

On 25 Jan 2017, at 6:18 pm, @bigpond.com> wrote:

Thanks mate. Not interested at the price.

Please return deposit.

Cheers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------

Date: 25/01/2017 5:37 PM (GMT+10:00)

To:

Subject: Re: Director Order

Luck you.

The car is available.... $94,990 and the cars yours! Included is a car cover and GPS tracker.

First in best dressed, as I mentioned we have quite a few interested parties.

Regards,

Patrick Damen

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
At what price would you be interested?

Regards,

Patrick Damen

On 25 Jan 2017, at 6:18 pm, @bigpond.com> wrote:

Thanks mate. Not interested at the price.

Please return deposit.

Cheers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------

Date: 25/01/2017 5:37 PM (GMT+10:00)

To:

Subject: Re: Director Order

Luck you.

The car is available.... $94,990 and the cars yours! Included is a car cover and GPS tracker.

First in best dressed, as I mentioned we have quite a few interested parties.

Regards,

Patrick Damen

Same guys quoted me $80,000 for MSE & 72,000 for a redline.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Why is it a toothless response?

Holden sets the RRP and unless Holden has a legal contract with their dealers that states the opposite then they have no say in controlling or restricting trade and the dealer (retailer) can sell for whatever price they wish.

That’s not to say I agree with what they are doing but it’s the simple business of supply and demand and upping the price on an in demand limited stock item is nothing new.

You either pay or you don’t and if everyone says no then the price will drop until someone says yes.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The only dodgy aspect in that article is the attempt by the dealer to change the contract price after the contract has been accepted.

Outside of that, capitalism 101.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
The only dodgy aspect in that article is the attempt by the dealer to change the contract price after the contract has been accepted.

Outside of that, capitalism 101.

Maybe it's just me but that's the part of he article that Holden didn't reallt comment satisfactorily on.

A pair of dealers are also understood to have asked more for vehicles already subject to a signed contract. In one case, CarAdvice has seen a physical copy of one contract that shows an agreed price of $65,000, with a $5000 deposit paid last year.

The dealer is now asking $15,000 more from the customer.

2017-Holden-Commodore-Motorsport-Magnum-Director-139.jpg

The company is aware of the practice and is reminding dealers of their obligations to the customer, Holden’s director of corporate communications, Sean Poppitt, has said.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
On the 19th Jan, I reluctantly went for RED on my MSE order and thought to myself at least I saved $500 over other colours that I may regret later.
Well I'm so looking forward to my RED now because it now seems to me that RED is the hero colour or the instant identified colour of MSE, and i feel it will be timeless.
My only beef with it now, it looks too much like / or confused with a Lowndes from a distance at quick glance (or maybe the other way round), especially since I ordered mine the large rear wing.

Also, the Biante MSE model they supply is RED so it goes with the "minime" theme for the car you purchased if that means anything to you.

I went to Holden Headquarters last week in the hope to see them in the flesh but they are no longer there. The guy in the Holden prototypes display room told me that the "RED" car was very nice before I even said anything, that's twice or three times I've heard that.

Now I have not regrets on RED choice for MSE and just look forward to June/July in seeing my RED delivered car as the first one I ever see in the flesh.

Other colours, I now feel that at first quick glance it may be identified as a Redline to the uneducated.

BTW, $70,100 Drive Away, MSE, Auto, Big Wing, Red, deal done on 19th Jan - $1000 down, Sydney Dealer, customer off the street.

Trying to convince yourself that red was a good choice ? :)

It's clear you're having doubts :)