Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
They also said that they can not get anymore rims as they were all allocated for all the builds and they said that it makes the car even more rare.

Hmm

The dealer principal is probably right that it makes your car special/rare/unique. But they should give you the option of a full refund and return the vehicle or at least supply what you agreed to purchase.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Yep that's right! Has the red all around the rim. Looks identical but just missing the word Holden inprinted in the rim. Spoke to dealer and they said that it was factory like that and it is was impossible for the manufacturer to stuff up the mould. They also said that they can not get anymore rims as they were all allocated for all the builds and they said that it makes the car even more rare. The dealer principals exact words were "its like those collectable stamps that stuffed up on the printing and are now worth millions"

That rim is the same as the optional 20" wheels but with the Holden stamp and red painted ring for LE models only. Looks to me the optional 20" wheel has been painted with the Red ring too, error at the wheel supplier end. They don't come out of the mold painted.

Absolutely bullshite. Our consumer laws state that their must be adequate spare parts available for you if you need a replacement, up to 7yrs I think.

Post a pic please. I would like to show someone at Holden who'd be interested.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
They also said that they can not get anymore rims as they were all allocated for all the builds

What a load of crap. So no spares available ? Pity anyone who bends one of these then.

ACCC would like to hear of this given their recent action against Holden. and Holden's subsequent undertakings to the ACCC which included an education program for their dealer network.

Graham LS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Motorsport
I'll take a pic tomorrow in the daylight so you can see properly. Spoke with Holden this afternoon they said they are going to do a letter saying that it is a factory rim and as a 1 off build. They can't believe this has happenedand that it was virtually impossible. But it has happened. Must say they we're very appolergetic. Originally I thought it was the 20 inch rim from the SS option.

Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I'll take a pic tomorrow in the daylight so you can see properly. Spoke with Holden this afternoon they said they are going to do a letter saying that it is a factory rim and as a 1 off build. They can't believe this has happenedand was virtually impossible. But it has happened. Must say they we're ver appolergetic. Originally I thought it was the 20 inch rim from the SS option.

The 20" SS option rim is exactly what the Limited Edition rims are based off and I dare say what you have received. I wonder how many more of the 20" optioned wheels have been incorrectly painted with the Red ring.

Last edited:

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoke with Holden this afternoon they said they are going to do a letter saying that it is a factory rim and as a 1 off build.

Hmm

With this and also the other issue of the very rusty exhaust manifolds, I am going to really check over my new Director before driving it away.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are you sure it isn't mine 3 weeks early

Hi

I wish it was, I have to store it in a mates factory till I have the space sorted. Anyone got a house with a 12 car garage for sale?

I would have preferred an October build.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Reynard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 motorsport
I have recently negotiated a MSE for for low $70s drive away. Pay any more than $75k and you have been gouged by the dealer. But if you are happy with your deal then fine. As there become less of them left, demand my dictate higher prices.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Yep that's right! Has the red all around the rim. Looks identical but just missing the word Holden inprinted in the rim. Spoke to dealer and they said that it was factory like that and it is was impossible for the manufacturer to stuff up the mould. They also said that they can not get anymore rims as they were all allocated for all the builds and they said that it makes the car even more rare. The dealer principals exact words were "its like those collectable stamps that stuffed up on the printing and are now worth millions"

What a load of crap. So no spares available ? Pity anyone who bends one of these then.

ACCC would like to hear of this given their recent action against Holden. and Holden's subsequent undertakings to the ACCC which included an education program for their dealer network.

What you said.

There is no way i would except that, car would go back to dealer until it was sorted. God some dealers talk absolute crap...