Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi

Happyjoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Some questions for those interested in a chat
Does anyone have a nitrate director coming ? Keen to see some photos of those , even though we're getting heron
Curios to know why people chose either Motorsport over Directors or vice versa , was it stickers , different fronts , are the older guys like me going for Directors ?
We currently have a CalaisV which we like and prefer the blue dash screens , then last week found out directors are red anyway , not to worry
And to the mechanically knowledgeable out there , at the 1000k or one month check up , after the so called run in period would you recommend an oil change and filter replacement ?
Thanks for any participating
Personally I think the motorsport has a bit more spunk over the director, like the decals and sporty looks!
Went with the director really because of the limited numbers and also something looks a little classy about it.

SherKahn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore MS
I went for the motorsport cause I wanted a manual, and Launch Control. And just couldn't stretch the finances for a director. But I also considered a the magnum as well. As had a Commodore ute in past. In the end if could of afforded it would I have went for the Director hard to say. In the end I worked had for nearly two years waiting to afford a V8 Commodore. As all my previous commodores were V6. I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass me by. When I went in to talk about purchasing a SS the Dealership told me about the Limited Editions and suggested I wait for one of them. As they knew how long I had been planning to get the new car.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Does anyone have a nitrate director coming ? Keen to see some photos of those , even though we're getting heron
Curios to know why people chose either Motorsport over Directors or vice versa , was it stickers , different fronts , are the older guys like me going for Directors ?
We currently have a CalaisV which we like and prefer the blue dash screens , then last week found out directors are red anyway , not to worry
And to the mechanically knowledgeable out there , at the 1000k or one month check up , after the so called run in period would you recommend an oil change and filter replacement ?

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
That's a tough one, I've owned a few V8s across the journey from ,Torana, Monaro, back in the 70s - early 80s, and had a break before getting into a couple of more recent Clubbies, and I've also been lucky enough to have few Calais's as well, I guess I saw this is my last chance to get a bit of both with the Director, And most of those cars have been Black, what can I say, I just like Black cars, bit worried what the Director will look like, not a lot of chrome, but no regrets.
Can't wait.

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Personally I think the motorsport has a bit more spunk over the director, like the decals and sporty looks!
Went with the director really because of the limited numbers and also something looks a little classy about it.
I agree with both comments , I don't think there are any diFferences between the two except the outer skin and manual trans so I guess it pretty much comes down to what we want to look at .
Thanks

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
I went for the motorsport cause I wanted a manual, and Launch Control. And just couldn't stretch the finances for a director. But I also considered a the magnum as well. As had a Commodore ute in past. In the end if could of afforded it would I have went for the Director hard to say. In the end I worked had for nearly two years waiting to afford a V8 Commodore. As all my previous commodores were V6. I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass me by. When I went in to talk about purchasing a SS the Dealership told me about the Limited Editions and suggested I wait for one of them. As they knew how long I had been planning to get the new car.
I think we were all waiting for something a bit special this year and hopefully we received it
Enjoy