Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If you are correct this does not go well for those still awaiting delivery of their LE like myself. Mine is supposed to be delivery Sept 28 so it is yet to be built. Your comments do make some sense as the staff left on the line would be awaiting their pending redundancy but have been aware of this for some time. Pending reality can bring things home though.
I noticed that QC on my 2010 compared to 2016 VF was better. I spoted couple things on my VF that you could spot from a mile away if anyone bothered to look. The paintjob on the front bumper is pretty average and it does not sit very nice at the bottom of the headlights.

I have been part of organisation at the time of restructuring and redundancies. People stop caring as there is crap all incentive to do your best. What is the worst thing that can happen ? You can be sacked a few weeks before everyone else is gone anyway..

Holden and press put out those BS documenataries about happy proud workers with emotional music and crap. You bet that off the camera the people would tell you how they really feel...

Some have spent 20 or 30 yrs working there and planned to retire from there. Of course you would be pissed off and blame Holden

Best you can do i thoroughly inspect the car before accepting the delivery and raise the issue with the dealer immediately. Those dodgy engines are a bit suss though...they are not built by Holden.

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Part failures usually happen in batches. Luck of the draw when it happens. And depending on which part it is, Holden can be at the hands of their parts suppliers for quality. Had a bunch of camshafts that hadnt been manufactured properly and had lobes wiped in HSV's, even the W427 LS7's had issues.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
These numbers of failures I suspect are higher than normal so it would suggest either a lower level of QC or more likely something unique to the LE. I wonder if the engine oil cooler as part of the track 3 requirements may be responsible. When I take delivery of my MSE, I will be checking the oil level of the engine prior to taking delivery.

good pint re cooler

Also the LS3 is near the end of its life so maybe the tolerances are getting a bit average from the plant(mexico) I remember the last 5L had oval bores issues to to machining getting old.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
My friends picked up their Limited Edition's today and I noticed they don't get the footwell lighting, just puddle lamps in the exterior mirrors and lights under the front door trims. 2 x Red & 1 x white MSE and 1 x green Magnum. The green Magnum stood out, very nice..

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Are the MSE supposed to get footwell lights. The MSE does not get the electronic rear view mirror but the director does. That is one difference between the two. Am I correct apart the rear suspension bush.

SherKahn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore MS
My MSE has foot well lights Driver and passenger side. Also lights under all the doors Front and Back, And little lights where the inside door handles are.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Thanks SherKahn, what your MSE has is the same as my Calais V so this is what it must be based on because I do not thing that the standard Redline has all these lights.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
My MSE has foot well lights Driver and passenger side. Also lights under all the doors Front and Back, And little lights where the inside door handles are.

Is it a setting in the mylink as all 4 LE 's didn't have then on at time of pickup ?

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
My friends picked up their Limited Edition's today and I noticed they don't get the footwell lighting, just puddle lamps in the exterior mirrors and lights under the front door trims. 2 x Red & 1 x white MSE and 1 x green Magnum. The green Magnum stood out, very nice..
Are they meant to have footwell lighting?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I assumed so..