Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Don't apologise mate, it's very frustrating, esp after such a long wait like we've had then to only have to wait even longer. That was a good update for me, I've not tried live chat myself for a long time, I might give them a buzz myself. Good luck with yours and I look forward to you posting a few pics on delivery, cheer mate
Just make sure you have your GMON on you , but you probably know that if you've been on it before , I've got plenty of pics , I'll put some up if I can remember how to do it , what colour are you getting ? If you're on Facebook there's a guy who's been really helpful , if he's still doing it , with taking photos if you have your vin no

SherKahn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore MS
Anyone here own a white Motorsport that went thru Beaudesert Qld on Sunday 17th around 3 pm. Finally saw my first one on the road besides mine.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg

After months living on Scotch, Vodka and an odd Liqueur here and there and some prayers, finally my baby (My MSE - a piece of Australian history) has arrived safe and sound. Now it’s just a small wait on daddy to get the nursery ready for the baby.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Just make sure you have your GMON on you , but you probably know that if you've been on it before , I've got plenty of pics , I'll put some up if I can remember how to do it , what colour are you getting ? If you're on Facebook there's a guy who's been really helpful , if he's still doing it , with taking photos if you have your vin no
Cheers mate, yep, got onto them, and she has already come into existence, she arrived last week, ( I feel like a bad parent pmsl, didn't even know ), anyway, she is due to be delivered to the dealer on the 26th, next week, I went with Phantom, yeah I got my VIN off them. Clearly plenty of pics to come, I will wait til I have the paint protection and tint completed which will be the 29th. Thanks to all the guys who have posted some of the issues they have come across and shared, gives an awesome list of things to look for other than the obvious. Fingers crossed I find none.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Cheers mate, yep, got onto them, and she has already come into existence, she arrived last week, ( I feel like a bad parent pmsl, didn't even know ), anyway, she is due to be delivered to the dealer on the 26th, next week, I went with Phantom, yeah I got my VIN off them. Clearly plenty of pics to come, I will wait til I have the paint protection and tint completed which will be the 29th. Thanks to all the guys who have posted some of the issues they have come across and shared, gives an awesome list of things to look for other than the obvious. Fingers crossed I find none.
Hi colonel, I hate to burst your bubble, but you may want to check with Holden chat re your actual delivery date. My soag director was built 16th August, I live in adelaide and I still haven't got it, nor a date as to when I will get it. There is a backlog of around 180 directors waiting for these mouldings, with that number getting bigger by the day. They are finishing them without the mouldings, parking them onsite in the meantime, and then bringing back into the plant for rework (fit the bloody things) before being cleared for delivery. Obviously cars that have been sitting there the longest are being given priority on the mouldings as they come into stock, are tested and found to be ok: this is a big issue for Holden that has been ongoing for weeks, with the supplier letting them down big time, and seemingly no end in sight yet. I have spoken with several people in the know in the plant, and they assure me everyone is working as hard as they can on this issue, and they are adament anything less than perfect will not do for these cars. They are confident a fix will happen soon, but they aren't quite sure yet. The issue sis with the process of moulding these body side mouldings, only a very small number of every batch made is of acceptable quality

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
The issue sis with the process of moulding these body side mouldings, only a very small number of every batch made is of acceptable quality

Hi

Could this mean my early Director which I picked up on the 24th of August may have good black side body mouldings and they won't fall off?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hi colonel, I hate to burst your bubble, but you may want to check with Holden chat re your actual delivery date. My soag director was built 16th August, I live in adelaide and I still haven't got it, nor a date as to when I will get it. There is a backlog of around 180 directors waiting for these mouldings, with that number getting bigger by the day. They are finishing them without the mouldings, parking them onsite in the meantime, and then bringing back into the plant for rework (fit the bloody things) before being cleared for delivery. Obviously cars that have been sitting there the longest are being given priority on the mouldings as they come into stock, are tested and found to be ok: this is a big issue for Holden that has been ongoing for weeks, with the supplier letting them down big time, and seemingly no end in sight yet. I have spoken with several people in the know in the plant, and they assure me everyone is working as hard as they can on this issue, and they are adament anything less than perfect will not do for these cars. They are confident a fix will happen soon, but they aren't quite sure yet. The issue sis with the process of moulding these body side mouldings, only a very small number of every batch made is of acceptable quality
Hi PSISLE,
Cheers for that, that's closer to what I was expecting anyway after hearing that was the issue weeks ago, I don't mind so much, it is what it is, happy to wait my turn. I would much rather have mouldings that stand the test of time and don't fall off the sec I hit 220 and potentially hit a Ford 400 metres behind me, ( joking,.......sort of ) I understand it's the because the mouldings are not being chromed and that reduces the rigidity ?
Here's hoping they can get a decent solution soon

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi PSISLE,
Cheers for that, that's closer to what I was expecting anyway after hearing that was the issue weeks ago, I don't mind so much, it is what it is, happy to wait my turn. I would much rather have mouldings that stand the test of time and don't fall off the sec I hit 220 and potentially hit a Ford 400 metres behind me, ( joking,.......sort of ) I understand it's the because the mouldings are not being chromed and that reduces the rigidity ?
Here's hoping they can get a decent solution soon
Pretty much colonel, not enough rigidity in the black plastic moulds, which makes more susceptible to bad moulding.
It's just a waiting game now