Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Not related but the V6 turbo V8 supercar thing went very quite.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I don't get it?

The second hand asking price is just a fraction over the new car price without ORC but if you factored in the 'On Road costs' you couldn't honestly say it's gone up in value or at least that's not the way I make money.

Gone up in value my bum but it is good to see they are holding their price.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
it looks like the Magnum has gone up in value.

"From a 2017 price of $59,290 plus on-road costs, the Magnum ute manual is now worth a maximum $60,500 as a private sale according to the resale guide"

I suppose if you take it at face value, the MAX increase is $1200. But there's a couple of issues with that.

- Redbook is a guide only. Whilst reasonably accurate, it is still just a guide.

- I don't know anyone who has paid the sticker price for a private sale car on carsales, and i'd hazard a guess this magnum won't be any different. I'd aiming for at LEAST a grand off one advertised over $60k

- The comparison price quotes the $59,290 plus on road costs. This has to be factored into any realistic price increase or in fact decrease. Given the
ORC's were around $5k and you weren't driving your magnum anywhere without paying them, that puts the ACTUAL cost at around $64k this time last year.

They may very well increase into the long term future, but this sort of article is really pie in the sky stuff...

EDIT - @panhead beat me to it re the ORC's.... :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Also doesn't contemplate the "hidden cost" of either interest (if financed) or opportunity cost of the funds being utilised elsewhere.

Fluff piece that has no bearing on reality.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Has anyone even seen a S/H Magnum up for sale?

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Just wondering if everyone else has this written on the Limited Edition cluster instead of being just blank (this is from my Director!)? Last time I checked VFIIs don’t come with LPG option (let alone our Limited Editions!). :p

Nothing in the glossary of the handbook regarding a ‘LPG’ or the instrument cluster pages that I could find.

full

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Just wondering if everyone else has this written on the Limited Edition cluster instead of being just blank (this is from my Director!)? Last time I checked VFIIs don’t come with LPG option (let alone our Limited Editions!). :p

Nothing in the glossary of the handbook regarding a ‘LPG’ or the instrument cluster pages that I could find.

full

The VF did come with an LPG option and I don't think the cluster was changed from the MY14 to MY17.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
the other thing that is incorrect is the redline on the RPM, in one of the articles in the magazines, the engineers are questioned, the safe rev out range on the 6.2L is 6,xxx (cant remember what it is) but the cluster still reads the old 6.0L rev range. They didnt have an answer apart from, carry over part, not worth the $$ in changing for VFII

RoarPower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MSE
Hi all,

So i just purchased a VF2 SSV Motorsport Edition, I've been a Ford man all my life that was until just a few days ago. I own a XR8 Sprint manual and noticed with SSV the clutch catches very fast, it's not as progressive as I'm use to with the Ford, is this normal behavior from Holden clutches? Other then the clutch ( which maybe something i have to get use to after driving Ford manuals for over 10 years now) the car is awesome.

cheers