Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Small update for those who are interested:

Tyres: If anyone is interested in RE003s, I got a call from Bridgestone today saying they finally had stock of the rears, so I'm getting new RE003s again all round. They're still not appearing on the Bridgestone website as recommended tyres for Commodores, but if anyone is keen, Bridgestone have some in stock as of today (22nd). I asked about the new Super Sport tyres, which are meant to be closer to PS4S in design, and was told they wear very quickly and would be killed by track work.

Brakes: Managed to purchase a set of brakes from someone who just sold their MSE - got the 6-pot CTS-V callipers for the fronts, DBA rotors front and rear and fedora track pads front and rear. Getting those installed early next year by my mechanics at C&A Auto.

Lowering: Going to hold off on this for now, as the car will likely live in the city again next year for awhile while I do various things to it.

Paint: I'm going to take the car to someone to try and get the paint chips and a couple of minor scrapes near the bottom touched up, now that I'm no longer chasing hot hatches around the mountains regularly.

Last edited:

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Silly question after owning my Magnum since new.

Were they delivered with any kind of spare? Mine has nothing, not even a hoist after only looking yesterday. :rolleyes:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Don't believe they did, check behind the drivers seat in the jack location for a air compressor

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Last edited:

Andrew Moon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Magnum
Silly question after owning my Magnum since new.

Were they delivered with any kind of spare? Mine has nothing, not even a hoist after only looking yesterday. :rolleyes:

Magnums or and at least Redlines never had an option to have a spare fitted from factory.

The only way to do this is to buy the HSV Maloo wheel carrier, a factory winch and a matching size front wheel with tyre assuming your running OEM. Due to the front rim width being narrower than the rear but with a higher tyre side wall profile, it can go in the rear as well as the front.

I did the mod on my magnum and it works well.

2E8F3103-F806-41AA-B6B9-6EAC689444C2.jpeg

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Magnums or and at least Redlines never had an option to have a spare fitted from factory.

The only way to do this is to buy the HSV Maloo wheel carrier, a factory winch and a matching size front wheel with tyre assuming your running OEM. Due to the front rim width being narrower than the rear but with a higher tyre side wall profile, it can go in the rear as well as the front.

I did the mod on my magnum and it works well.

View attachment 235171
Any chance you could provide a parts numbers list please Moony?
I've been wanting to do the mod on my Magnum but kept running into the "VIN number required - oh, not available for that vehicle sorry." whenever I made enquiries through dealerships or for HSV here in NZ when trying to source the part numbers required. No amount of arguing with parts departments that any VF ute vin should do for the winch parts, and any S3 Maloo for the tub/bin. You can PM me if you prefer, but if you put a list up here in the open it should be available for others to find it in the future.

*edit* Oh, and welcome to JC forums. Took you long enough to get here, but good that you did.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Update from me, brake replacement/update completed. CTS-V 6 pot callipers up front, new DBA rotors front and rear, new pads front and rear. Looks the business and stops incredibly well. Unfortunately had to postpone my track day as my MRC played up - got a 'service suspension system' error and the rear MRC failed. Took it to Holden who flashed the CPU with new firmware and fixed it, good result, was expecting hardware to be the cause.

1.jpg

2.jpg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Any chance you could provide a parts numbers list please Moony?
I've been wanting to do the mod on my Magnum but kept running into the "VIN number required - oh, not available for that vehicle sorry." whenever I made enquiries through dealerships or for HSV here in NZ when trying to source the part numbers required. No amount of arguing with parts departments that any VF ute vin should do for the winch parts, and any S3 Maloo for the tub/bin. You can PM me if you prefer, but if you put a list up here in the open it should be available for others to find it in the future.

*edit* Oh, and welcome to JC forums. Took you long enough to get here, but good that you did.

I could PM you an Aussie delivered E3 Maloo VIN if you think it could help?