Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore suddenly stopped accelerating.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
On my old vx v6, when the oil was getting down, under hard braking the oil light would come on. Never made the car stall, but would let me know it was time to top up the oil level.

Mine was doing that last week! Consulted jc and apparently it's normal. Just put another litre of oil in it and it was all sweet again

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I bought a Holden Commodore 1999 VT Executive Series 2, few months back.
The Car was running well until some times, it showed this issue couple to times.

I was driving to office then suddenly two the dashboard lights started glowing.
One is the battery and other was like a Aladin lamp with a drop of oil on the nozzle (not sure what this light for :)).
The Engine stopped but the car was still in motion. I pulled over the car in side road. The gas pedal and steering became stuck.
Then I changed to neutral and re-started the car and drove back home.

Not sure what was the problem. Can anyone please give me some idea about the issue. if it was a common problem in Holden?

Thanks.
From what I gathered the lights came on before the engine stopped

pixelord

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden Commodore VT II Executive
@All, my car is serviced regularly. Last service was done two weeks ago.
I mentioned the mechanic about the issue. He could not find any problem. He advised me to tune the gas if the issue re-surfaced.
Also the mechanic told me that the spark plugs and leads are in good condition. Though he fixed some gasket issue and billed me 1500 bucks!! :-(

Though I haven't done the gas tuning yet. Also wondering if gas tuning was the real issue in this case.

Yeah, I can run the car on petrol and check if the issue occurs again. I usually run my car on petrol once or twice in a week.
Never had that issue during that time.