Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Factory

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
In the US, GM went all FWD except for the obvious. The only car was the Corvette for few years after pulling the plug from the Trans Am/Firebird and Camaro.

All they want is one size fits all scenario. That is why SUVs are popular. I will drive my VE/G8 until the wheels falls off.

Anyway, are you guys ready to join the SUV/Truck crowd?

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon

Nope - I much prefer the driving dynamics and refinement of my Commodore.

If I needed a tray from a truck - i'd buy a Commodore Ute

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In the US, GM went all FWD except for the obvious. The only car was the Corvette for few years after pulling the plug from the Trans Am/Firebird and Camaro.

All they want is one size fits all scenario. That is why SUVs are popular. I will drive my VE/G8 until the wheels falls off.

Skydrol

Australian roads are already full of SUV's and light trucks. We don't get all that the States get, such as the Ram, Tundra or Suburban for example, but there are literally hundreds of thousands of the things here already.

Most of the guys here would rather drop off a cliff than be seen in an SUV (except me - I have a piddly little one but I'm old:spot on: and don't need the thrills of an eight anymore). They'll hang onto theirs like you want to do with yours - it won't be difficult - Aussie cars are pretty durable.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

I suppose we will have to, regardless of whether we want to or not. Hiluxes, Tritons and Navaras do nothing for me at all. Went through that 3 years ago and ended up with a AWD Crewman, which feels like a Commodore sedan in handling and ride, and will go most places those other utes go. Not everybody wants to drive beaches, rocks and fire tracks.
Your US trucks are waaay too big for my liking, but if there is no alternative and the $$$$s are right......maybe.
And as for SUVs.......what is sporty about a pumped wagon on stilts ? A very unfortunate description that we have got stuck with.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Mate, if the F Series trucks came here. I would snap one up in a second. Unfortunately, Ford has no interest because theyre so popular there.

+1 and only if they're at REALISTIC prices. But it'll never happen.