Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN-IQ in Series 1

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Holy.. THis is certainly a mod I would like to do ! Would love the IQ unit in my S1 SS. Do you still get full functionality of the Bluetooth? That's the main thing that I'd be chasing. I'm not too fussed on Maps or anything like that.
And I'm assuming it's the same deal that you still wouldn't get dual zone climate control if you didn't already have it?

GazG

Reaction score
Website
www.asquick.com.au
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Does it do proper Bluetooth audio streaming? I got an aftermarket Bluetooth kit put in but it can only play to the front two speakers (wtf?), but the AUX and CD work fine, will this IQ unit play to all speakers over Bluetooth?

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
Ok how hard is it to locate a back plate if I buy a facia

?? do you mean how hard is it to get the back box (radio hardware) if you sourced the front fascia??

very hard i would think unless someone upgraded other wise i can get them new

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holy.. THis is certainly a mod I would like to do ! Would love the IQ unit in my S1 SS. Do you still get full functionality of the Bluetooth? That's the main thing that I'd be chasing. I'm not too fussed on Maps or anything like that.
And I'm assuming it's the same deal that you still wouldn't get dual zone climate control if you didn't already have it?

yes the bluetooth works great... streams fine from an iphone the bluetooth phone option is built in so if you dont have bluetooth phone now then you will need to purchase a micophone... if you have bluetooth already you will need to mod it to work (easy)

as for the dual zone yes its the same .. you will need the hvac modified and the gender changed from SZ to DZ

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does it do proper Bluetooth audio streaming? I got an aftermarket Bluetooth kit put in but it can only play to the front two speakers (wtf?), but the AUX and CD work fine, will this IQ unit play to all speakers over Bluetooth?

yes will play all speakers works great... so now have the USB option with music along with the iphone/bluetooth and also 15 ripped cd's and a single cd so plenty of music :)

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Awesome. Certainly goes to near top of my mod list :)

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
yeah well im now waiting on jhp to open up again so they can reply to me :(

I want to ugrade my stato to a series 2 caprice v IQ setup n such but yeah just waiting on if they have the parts etc and how much it would cost me

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
so yours is a S1 statesman and want to fit a S2 Caprice setup

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Hey double dip, with my Iq system when I load CD's into storage it doesnt come up with names and other details. Anyway to get around this ?