Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden IQ - Problems - Can the system be rebooted, reset, or restarted?

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Wrong, if you just turn the keys off and turn it on again, it still has stored memory and comes on within a split second.
The only time i can get my IQ working again when it stuffs up is leave the car off for 5 minutes then start it up again and its fine

Wow that's pretty hectic. I've always been able to resolve any iq glitch I've had (reverse camera not turning on/off, frozen or black display, no audio) simply by turning the motor off and back on.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Wrong, if you just turn the keys off and turn it on again, it still has stored memory and comes on within a split second.
The only time i can get my IQ working again when it stuffs up is leave the car off for 5 minutes then start it up again and its fine

Try removing the key from the ignition switch, then re-insert and start the car.

R60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
Turning the car on and off has worked for me every time except the last time, the only way I could get the system back to normal was to pull the entertaiment system fuse out down next to the battery, waited 5-10 seconds put it back in and all was good.

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Hmm interesting posts. Well i think the issue im having is slightly different maybe. I mean, If i get a USB Device error, just turning the key off, pulling it out and then putting it in again, following by starting the car. Does not fix the issue. I think its something to do with memory. LIke it remembers the Device error or something preventing it from working still. After i leave it off for awhile its fine. But recently on another thread someone told me to change brand of usb. I've been using a different one so far. Iv turned the car on and off 20 - 30 times since and iv had no error. Maybe the Old USB was doing it?

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it's related and can I ask of my issue is normal.

When I use radio and turn the car off, next time I start it comes on at the same station.
When I use USB media, and while driving go back to radio it goes back to the same station.
If I have been using USB and turn the car off, next time I start, it comes back on at the same song on the USB, BUT if I then go back to radio (after having the car off), it has forgotten my last station and goes to some lame AM station which is first on the list.

Is it normal for the IQ to forget my last radio station if the car is turned off while using other media?

Thanks.