Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden market share in free fall.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
So Mr. Kerrigan has made a true blue, dinky di advert for ....... Kiwiland.
That advert is just so different to what Holden had been showing in this wide brown land, full of pretty young things of all sexes, meaningless clips of pop concert crowd surfing, and how Colorados are better than goats.
Geez, we must be seen as nearly as stupid as they think we are.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
tell him he's dreaming

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That bloke lost all credibility when he started trying to sell the carbon tax.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If we are talking about the changing automotive scenery - Ford in Nth America have just announced that beyond 2020 the only fully passenger car to be sold in Nth America will be the mustang. No more Taurus, Fiesta or Focus for them! Nothing but pickups and SUVs.

Fiesta and Focus still big sellers in Europe, so the nameplates will live on there, and I imagine we will still get them here.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Not a long time ago, in a motoring world, far, far away .............. the brief for car design was, bigger inside, smaller outside, primary passenger safety, low CD factor, better fuel economy, low centre of gravity for good handling, bigger and better brakes and tyres, interior ergonomics, easily understood controls, all wrapped in bright colours for visibility.

Presently ...... Must have Connectivity, the more the better with convoluted controls. Bigger outside means better, preferably with ladder frame chassis, rear drum brakes, high roll centre, tyres to tackle the Simpson Desert, umpteen air bags to cover up primary safety deficiencies, wrapped in 50 shades of grey for the leafy suburbs.

What was that song ?? ....... I hope I die before (before my cars) get old.

VT13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina V6 Sedan
I hear you fig....I seriously can't believe people are willing to throw down 60K+ on what are simply shitbox dual cabs, it beggars belief.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I hear you fig....I seriously can't believe people are willing to throw down 60K+ on what are simply shitbox dual cabs, it beggars belief.
Ranger is a prime example of this.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I guess the dual cab 4wd thing appeals as u can go off road and take the family and the work tools.

I’ve driven a few of them and agree they really suck.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I guess the dual cab 4wd thing appeals as u can go off road and take the family and the work tools.

I’ve driven a few of them and agree they really suck.

I just test drove most of them and without doubt they are all terrible. NFI why people are so wrapped up over the Ranger - they are near the bottom of the pile IMO. I put my decision on hold. At the moment top of the pile is V6 Rok, Hilux - the economics are just there, and Colorado.

I'm no fan of Holden/GM in any shape or form for quite some time however I gotta wonder why Colorado sales are as low as they are. Content for $ is great and it drives no worse than any of the others. Certainly a fkload better than the Ranger.