Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden market share in free fall.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Learnt to drive in a LHD army jeep.
We must have some pretty piss weak drivers if sitting on the other side of the car is off putting.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Learnt to drive in a LHD army jeep.
We must have some pretty piss weak drivers if sitting on the other side of the car is off putting.

I admit I'm piss weak....Last LHD car I drove, which didn't belong to me was only a couple of inches smaller overall than an army jeep....It happened to be a 66 Impala pillarless 4 door, which the owner just finished spending $60K restoring and happened to be sitting in the show room waiting for his car to come back....

Still trying to work out why I was so nervous driving it, considering what you learnt to drive in

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Here in nz I believe you can import LHD cars for personal use but not to sell. Certainly not banned outright.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Here in nz I believe you can import LHD cars for personal use but not to sell. Certainly not banned outright.

A few dealerships are about , Bunce up in Auckland , and 4 Guys auto in Hamilton sell left hooker Chevrolet Camaro's , Corvette's and Dodge Challengers , the one in Wellington's name has escaped me , around my way their are a number of Camaro's and Challengers around .

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I have a fair few LHD cars cruising around here and there is a fairly new Challenger parked in a garage just around the corner from my place. Sounds good coming up our street.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Theoretical ...… I import a NZ$60,000 LHD Camaro, can only use it myself, unable to trade/sell it, novelty wears off or need some money, what happens next?
How does that work ? Stuck with an expensive car I don't want ?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure, there is a certain amount of time before you can sell as I understand it (to prevent trading I believe). Maybe there are ways to get out of it?

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I read recently that Kia are considering a 10 year warranty - currently 7 years. Now there is a company that has some faith in its product and doesn't view customers as an opportunity for a long term trip off .
Don't get sucked in with long warranty offers.
All good and well to offer 7, 10 or a 50 year warranty but let's see how many hoops you need to jump thru to get a claim honoured. They would have conditions like crazy I'd reckon.
Went out with a girl that worked for a Hyundai/Toyota dealership. Hyundai warranty claims were a nightmare and they would balk or refuse as much as possible or hold out and wear the customer down. Toyota would fix claims no problem, no questions asked.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Courtesy of MSN Motoring 21/5/2018.

After assessing 17 different vehicles, NSW Police have confirmed the BMW 530d and Chrysler SRT Core would replace its Commodore and Falcon highway patrol fleet and be on the road from July.

NSW police have today announced the BMW 530d and Chrysler SRT Core will take over from the Falcon and Commodore highway patrol cars, rolling into action from July this year. After assessing 17 different vehicles to replace the now-not-produced Falcon and Commodore, NSW Police said it was focusing on safety and efficiency with its decision.

“Having used Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores as the main Traffic and Highway Patrol enforcement vehicles for decades, and with both manufacturers ceasing Australian
police.png
production last year, the command undertook a global fleet review to identify vehicles best suited for Australian law enforcement purposes,” NSW Police said in a statement.
Patrol enforcement vehicles for decades, and with both manufacturers ceasing Australian production last year, the command undertook a global fleet review to identify vehicles best suited for Australian law enforcement purposes,” NSW Police said in a statement.

Some of the other vehicles considered by NSW Police included the Ford Mustang, Subaru WRX and Kia Stinger. The BMW 530d runs a 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder diesel engine making 195kW and 620Nm of torque, while the Chrysler SRT Core which heralded the unveiling of the face-lifted 300C range back in 2015 runs a 6.4-litre V8 making 350kW and 637Nm of torque but, fundamentally this is a vehicle first launched here in 2011.

“The safety of our police officers and the community they serve is our top priority, and both these vehicles demonstrated the safety levels meeting our requirements,” Assistant Commissioner Michael Corboy said.

“Equally as important, the platform of both vehicles supports the state of the art technology that is key to the government’s focus on reducing the incidents of road trauma across New South Wales.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well that's going to hurt loosing the biggest fleet sales customers...