Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VX - Smoke coming from left side of Engine (somewhere round headgasket)

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
If the gauge creeps above half way on the temp gauge then i would be looking into yt

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Check your coolant is at the right level and there are no air bubbles in the cooling system.

I think this is what you are planning on doing, but you may want to give your car a good all round service to make sure that you know that everything is in good condition. You might pick up on some things that are going to fail soon too.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
True , I may take her in for a service, with the coolant its got that paddle thing. What should it look like if there is enough coolant??

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Just brought a 2000 Holden Commodore VX ! It runs great, its my first car, and has some small issues being only a $2100 car. It has a bit of smoke coming out of left side of engine, I believe it may be oil leaking from headgaskets... I dont know, thats what a mate of mine said, if its just that, how much will it cost to repair? And should it be done soon?

Not sure if the Op is still around, but if so, did you ever find a solution to this. Or does anyone know what this leak could be. I changed the rocker cover gaskets thinking this was the cause of the white smoke coming from the rear of the engine (driver's side). I have a VX Berlina V6. I think it could be a coolant leak, but I cant find exactly where it's coming from. Hoping someone know where I should start looking as I don't think it's an oil leak.

Cheers everyone.

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
I replaced the heater tap, nothing coming from there, will have to check the Welch plugs, hopefully it won't be that. Cheers mate.