Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holdens Bathurst ****-up

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
well once again bathurst has been and gone and we have another Ford win. another 12 months of hassles from my family who drive fords. thanks guys.

seriously, it's time the clutch guy at HRT gets the boot. i can't remember how many times it's been now that a HRT car has fried it's clutch of the front of the grid at bathurst. once is to many in my book.

Once again Greg Murphy and Jason Richards have flown the flag for the Holden camp. it's time you aussies get behind these guys because at this stage they seem to be the only Holden drivers who has any chance of taking it to the ford camp when it comes to winning at bathurst

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Didnt watch it all, hungover, and had to head home from melbourne so missed a fair bit.
What I did find pretty upsetting was that Garth got a 10 second penalty for "jump starting" when his clutch blew and he moved a couple of inches forward, clearly not to his advantage when he went from 1st to near last in a couple of seconds.

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
I miss when Lowndes drove for HRT :p
I learnt today he only went to Ford as they agreed to include him in merchandise sales after Holden refused when it was time to renew his contract those x amount of years ago...
Traitor :(
Even though Ford won, it was still an interesting race I think :D

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Lowndes has always been a ford man man and they can keep him. We need better young talent like winterbottom and courtney

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yeh tell me about it, this year was a promising year and wallah, once again its all over

As my ford mate said at bloody 8am this morning "its 2006 all over again, HRT on pole, FPR on 2nd. FPR have an electrical issue that they'll fix by the green flag and HRT will fry a clutch"

sure enough shortly after 10:30am i watched in horror as it came true.

It was promising to see my car and team go from last into the first corner find their way through the traffic, when I checked a few laps into it they were 15, then 14 then up towards the pointy end.. 10 Seconds for "jumping the start" well fair call I guess, the car was trying to pull away before the light had gone green and at least they used their brain instead of giving a drive through for it.

They carved up the traffic and I was happy, til about 2:00 when, in dejavu I see the red rocket hit the wall and bam, theres the replay of 2006, and 2007.

I had a good feeling all week about car #39 but it died in the arse towards teh end, and car #3 as dad likes Murph and Richards.

I was a bit peeved at the safety cars 15 odd laps out when we had 3 just 2 laps apart. The top 3 cars were all running low on fuel, them few laps were enough to take all 3 from the danger zone. Playing the fuel game wouldve been interesting to see.

IMHO I didnt want to see Richo (FPR) slow murph down because I reckon had Murph been able to come up on Lowndes bumper there would've been some good push and shove, especially after lap 1 and especially when we've seen murph do it before to prove a point (ambrose)

But did anyone notice it was only the holdens putting on the entertainment ie having issues? It was as if Ford went into boring mode.

I was however happy with no safety cars for the first 60 laps, it meant the drivers had to acctually drive :thumbsup:

Oh well so another years gone, Ive been building up for it over the past 3 weeks. I even stopped in at Sirromet wines when I was in QLD 3 weekends ago and brought a bottle with the hope of opening it at 5 tonight to celebrate Holden winning it, i have a bottle of wine for NYE now :whistling

On the plus side Im getting better and quicker at rearranging my loungeroom to accomodate a projector and more people :thumbsup:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
oh and some other things that come to mind

- Holdens road car problems filter to their race cars. A VE with a slipping clutch (car 1), which has happened to my mates manual SV6, a commodore with a power steering issue (Car 39) which is happening to my VZ at the moment, brake performance not there as such (car 1 into the wall although thats also driver error) and Holden service forgetting to do stuff (car #3 with the window wash down)

- no rain on Sunday at all, which is odd :whistling

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
oh and some other things that come to mind

- Holdens road car problems filter to their race cars. A VE with a slipping clutch (car 1), which has happened to my mates manual SV6, a commodore with a power steering issue (Car 39) which is happening to my VZ at the moment, brake performance not there as such (car 1 into the wall although thats also driver error) and Holden service forgetting to do stuff (car #3 with the window wash down)

- no rain on Sunday at all, which is odd :whistling

The V8 Supercars have pretty much nothing in common with any road going Ford or Holden.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
The V8 Supercars have pretty much nothing in common with any road going Ford or Holden.

Even though bathurst is an epic race and i like to whatch the v8's race, i generally like to whatch the production cars go round, atleats you can whatch them race and atleast know theres some parts in there belonging to the original vehicle.